Author Topic: You then, vs You Now  (Read 8087 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: You then, vs You Now
« Reply #15: September 05, 2013, 07:05:06 AM »
Oh Whatever Ketchum!  We know you are the most evil of us all!
LOL 8)

I train my Apprentices who will consume this Battlemaster world islands and dominate the world. If you believe that ;)

Seems I am the only Malaysian(Malaysia country) here? :o
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 05, 2013, 07:49:52 AM »
Ketchum, you forgot me  >:(.. I am from Malaysia too.

Started playing when I was 13 and just got into middle school. Was really inactive for a couple of years then got back into the game this year.

Now, I am 20 years old and studying in Australia doing a Bachelor of Social science majoring in Political Science.

!@#$, more than 1/3 of my life, I have been playing bm.

P.S. I agree Ketchum is evil!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:51:49 AM by Jaron »
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 05, 2013, 08:27:01 AM »
I was 20 years old when Kronos showed me this road to ruin.
However, I just had started my Political Sciences Studies, so I thought I could try out here if Machiavelli was right.

Now I almost 30 and after finishing my studies and several BM-hating girlfriends later, I am working now as an evil public relations guy, making companies look better than they are.
Oh and I know now that Machiavelli was completely right.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 05, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »
10 years ago, hmm taps his computer keys, I was young that's for sure a friend from another game stumbled on this game and invited me to come play and well I got hooked. He fell off but something magical kept me here, I like to think it was the ability to make my characters my own and show different types of personalities that people have. *coughs* only one character I play I believe is similar to me.. or so I think.

Present day, still that kid who loves organized chaos, though I have two degrees and will be soon hopefully getting into graduate studies. Let's see girlfriends that have hated BM two. When you have logged in from your phone while at a bar to see the tournament results or checked in before you've taken a shower for the day, you know you enjoy it.

Fantasy football and BM o I wouldn't know what to do with my free time, stares at his guitar for a moment, second thought I take that back.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 06, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
Then, I was 13, in middle school, and had a ton of time to blow on online games. Used to spend hours on BM and IRC till around 2010. College took away some of the free time I could devote to the game.

Now, I'm 20, just starting with graduate school studying economic policy, with 2 characters basically drones because of lack of time :'(
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 07, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »
Then, I was 14, just started High School. Continued to play for a good long while, despite everything that's happened along the way. Had to pause for a few months (the hardest of my life. BM withdrawals) while I went through basic training for the army... But except for that my time has been uninterrupted. Played through two wars, and now I've settled down some, and continue to enjoy it.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 07, 2013, 09:19:35 PM »
When I started I was struggling with university, a break up that affected me greatly and immense expectation from my family (to everyone who didn't grew up in a strict matriarchal family- I really envy you guys).

Now after almost 2 years I'm a full timer, bought my OWN car, happily work extra shifts.. Started dating again, and people have started complaining that I don't spend enough time with my family or friends.

The only things that didn't change are my mum's expectations, my sister's grudge against me and my love for battlemaster!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 09, 2013, 12:44:53 AM »
When I started playing BM I was a high school student.

Now, I'm married, have a BA, and am in graduate school.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 13, 2013, 09:26:47 PM »
I started, what nearly 4 years ago. Just had my first daughter and working as a journeyman electrician. Found the game on a battletech forum and it looked interesting.

Now i'm 41, have another daughter and have had to severely restrict my gaming time. Used to tabletop game allot mainly shadowrun and GM three games on rpol.net. Now i'm down to 1 and BM.

Oh its better to go to college when you are young and not when you are 40, have a family, work full time, and have to many hobbies. 5 more classes and I'll get a bachelors of science in technology which i'm not even sure I'll ever use as I have a pretty good job now doing electrical maintenance on gas turbine generators for a power company. But maybe done day I'll move into management...
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 21, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »
When I started I was living in Asia and would go to internet arcades to check BM and FB in south Taiwan with my wife.

Now, I work in northern Alberta on the oilsands and check BM from my smartphone in the middle of nowhere. I'm still married.
We live lives in beautiful lies...