Author Topic: Local Mods  (Read 3345 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Local Mods
« Topic Start: September 29, 2013, 02:14:26 AM »
Locals are re-opened, we've talked about have stronger moderation.

Will we actually be appointing local forum mods in order to accomplish that goal?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Mods
« Reply #1: September 29, 2013, 04:04:44 AM »
We have 6 global mods, do we need more local mods?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 29, 2013, 04:10:14 PM »
I guess that depends on their workload, which will probably take some time to gauge now that the locals just reopened.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 29, 2013, 06:24:26 PM »
Did most of the people that used to post in locals quit or something?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 29, 2013, 09:12:47 PM »
Closing the locals robbed them of momentum.

It might help to make an announcement on the newsticker that they're open again, actually.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 29, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »
The work load for the mods is very light. At the moment, not even one post a week gets reported.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 30, 2013, 02:52:21 AM »
The work load for the mods is very light. At the moment, not even one post a week gets reported.

I thought the point was to have proactive moderation?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 30, 2013, 03:24:52 AM »
It is. And we do. But even so, the work load right now is, essentially, nothing.

The amount of reported posts also is a good indicator of the overall status of things. People have been pretty good about reporting things.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 30, 2013, 03:52:06 AM »
If, as the Locals start to ramp up again, the moderation workload increases significantly, I am totally open to appointing some local mods to help handle it. However, at present, that doesn't seem to be a necessity.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 30, 2013, 03:57:45 AM »
It is. And we do. But even so, the work load right now is, essentially, nothing.

The amount of reported posts also is a good indicator of the overall status of things. People have been pretty good about reporting things.

I thought one of the identified problems was that people didn't report things enough?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 30, 2013, 04:05:46 AM »
I thought one of the identified problems was that people didn't report things enough?
Which has been changing, likely largely in part to the announcement on the Newsticker and the fact that it was said it was an issue, publicly, alerting people of the desire for people to report posts they find issue with.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton