Author Topic: Promoting M&F Crowdfunding  (Read 5183 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Promoting M&F Crowdfunding
« Topic Start: September 21, 2013, 02:55:31 AM »
Post ideas, links, and email contacts here to help promote M&F crowdfunding.

I emailed news@bluesnews.com earlier but it didn't make the nightly update.  M&F alpha did get a mention, so please send an email to bluesnews about this effort.  Exposure there would be awesome.
Please reply here once you send an email so we can keep track

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Promoting M&F Crowdfunding
« Reply #1: September 21, 2013, 03:24:08 AM »
Done. I requested them to cover the M&F crowdfunding because I was interested in the game. I didn't want it to come over as too pushy or spam mail like.

Has anyone tried Rock, Paper, Shotgun?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: September 22, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »
Please, please, everyone - do share the facebook link on your network or post the direct link where you think it appropriate:

http://indiegogo.com/projects/might-fealty

Word of mouth is everything for a project like this. Coverage in a major news magazine would be fantastic, but is a long shot. Worth trying, not a good idea to bet the farm on. But if it spreads around and people start talking about it, not only does that generate support, it also increases the chances that these large magazines hear about it from multiple sources, which dramatically improves the chances that they carry it.

So please, share and spread the word. If you love BattleMaster, please do this for me. I don't ask anything in return for everything that BM contains, this is where everyone can help me with a small effort, and it would mean the world to me.

So let the people in the game know, please.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: September 24, 2013, 05:45:44 AM »
Shared this on my facebook but I don't know how much help that will be.

Lacedaemon

• Knight
  • Amyclas, Belarus, Aigre Valens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 24, 2013, 10:38:36 AM »
I don't even have facebook... but I could get goonswarm and the Something Awful forums on the case.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: September 24, 2013, 11:12:28 AM »
I don't even have facebook... but I could get goonswarm and the Something Awful forums on the case.

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!! Please do! This is exactly the kind of exposure that I need. It would mean a lot to me.

YegorP

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 24, 2013, 07:17:18 PM »
I made a thread on the kickstarter subreddit about it, and there was a post made to r/gaming that was buried. If any of you are on there, give it upvotes and bring it to light more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/kickstarter/comments/1n1822/the_guy_who_did_battlemaster_is_making_a_new_game/

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1myi2j/new_game_mmo_sandbox_strategy_might_fealty/

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 24, 2013, 10:09:16 PM »
If anyone can contribute to the Might & Fealty discussion thread on Armchair General, that would be great.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140293

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 26, 2013, 05:15:48 AM »
Ill be promoting on my Rpol.net games I'm in. I also contributed and it felt good. I've never done so th BM but have thought about it. Might and fealty has the potential to be so much more, but to be honest if it did become a subscription im not sure how long I would play.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 26, 2013, 05:35:25 AM »
Although the subscription thing keeps coming up, I think it's good to remember that most so-called free-to-play games are really freemium where you have to pay up in some hidden form to get much from the game or to progress beyond basic content.

For Might & Fealty, once you've paid the subscription you're on a level playing field with everyone else. I think it's also been suggested that the subscription fee will be fairly modest. When promoting the crowdfunding, I think those are things that it's important to point out to people if they ask why the game won't be free-to-play.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: September 26, 2013, 08:45:40 AM »
Although the subscription thing keeps coming up, I think it's good to remember that most so-called free-to-play games are really freemium where you have to pay up in some hidden form to get much from the game or to progress beyond basic content.

For Might & Fealty, once you've paid the subscription you're on a level playing field with everyone else. I think it's also been suggested that the subscription fee will be fairly modest. When promoting the crowdfunding, I think those are things that it's important to point out to people if they ask why the game won't be free-to-play.

Both of these are true.

As is the fact that I pretty much suck at marketing. But that's one of the reasons I need money - so I can pay people who aren't.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 26, 2013, 09:49:09 AM »
Might and fealty has the potential to be so much more, but to be honest if it did become a subscription im not sure how long I would play.

This is the same doubt that I have.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 30, 2013, 01:34:38 AM »
I've written and submitted articles about M&F to a couple of online games magazines that welcome unsolicited material. Whether they'll publish is just something we'll have to wait to see.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #13: September 30, 2013, 04:46:15 PM »
I've written and submitted articles about M&F to a couple of online games magazines that welcome unsolicited material. Whether they'll publish is just something we'll have to wait to see.

Thanks, Foxglove. That's the kind of support the game needs.