Author Topic: Beluaterra Noob Questions  (Read 2810 times)

anoobowner

• Knight
  • Vorash Family
    • View Profile
Beluaterra Noob Questions
« Topic Start: September 26, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »
Hello! I recently made a character on Beluaterra, and while I am not new to Battlemaster I am new to Beluaterra, and I have noticed a few quirks that I am sure can be answered here.

Why are there some cities that are underwater?
Why are there a few territories that have slightly opaque subdivisions in Riombara? It looks as if there was more land there, but some sank?
Don't GMs or something fiddle around there with things? I remember a few years ago some mention of an invasion or something.

Thanks!
VORASH FAMILY: Protheon--Riombara | Prospero--Morek | Pamela--Caergoth

"The thing with computer-generated imagery is that it's an incredibly powerful tool for making better visual effects. But I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography." - Christopher Nolan

egamma

Re: Beluaterra Noob Questions
« Reply #1: September 26, 2013, 01:59:03 PM »
Yes, after the 5th invasion large portions of the land sank underwater.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 26, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »
Hello! I recently made a character on Beluaterra, and while I am not new to Battlemaster I am new to Beluaterra, and I have noticed a few quirks that I am sure can be answered here.

Why are there some cities that are underwater?
Why are there a few territories that have slightly opaque subdivisions in Riombara? It looks as if there was more land there, but some sank?

I'm not sure what you men by "slightly opaque subdivisions", but as egamma says, at the end of the Last Invasion, every region that was still blighted was scooped from the face of the earth, save for the cities, which were cast deep into the seas.

Don't GMs or something fiddle around there with things? I remember a few years ago some mention of an invasion or something.

Tom has decreed that there will be no more GM-led invasions.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 26, 2013, 06:07:47 PM »
I'm not sure what you men by "slightly opaque subdivisions",
I think he means the roads. They have no IG effect. Just map graphics. You'll see some around the northern lake, too.

but as egamma says, at the end of the Last Invasion, every region that was still blighted was scooped from the face of the earth, save for the cities, which were cast deep into the seas.
Tom left the cities on the map, just faded out, as if they are being viewed through 100+ feet of water. Sunken cities leaves the mystery of the lost and unknown, and is a nod to the history of the island.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.