Author Topic: visibility of own offers when trading outside of own realm  (Read 2033 times)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
I cant see the offers i set up in Eidulb Outskirts (I am margrave of Mimer), is that intended behaviour?
My banker has also reported having problems and she cant send food to deficit regions.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:59:26 PM by Jaron »
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Yes, that is the way it is supposed to be. The market view only shows the offers visible from your current location. If you want to see the open offers from your region, or your duchy if you are a duke, then go to: Command > Markets Report...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Mimer is not that far from EO(not sure if its under 400 miles or not) , but I can see buy offers from Moses End.

And I set up the offers in EO, also there is no way to cancel them once I have set them up.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Mimer is not that far from EO(not sure if its under 400 miles or not) , but I can see buy offers from Moses End.
Each region has a specific coordinate location that is used to calculate distance between regions. The calculated "center" of Moses End is actually a tiny bit closer to the "center" of Eidulb than the "center" of Mimer is. They probably straddle the distance cut-off line.

And I set up the offers in EO, also there is no way to cancel them once I have set them up.
It doesn't matter where you are when you set up the offer. The offer is based on the location of the your region, not the location of the character when the offer was created.

And you are correct, if you are out of range of your region, then you can no longer control the offer once it is set up. I am not sure if this was intentional, but I believe it was. Annoying, isn't it... :(

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Thanks for answering my questions,  ;D now to find a way to feed those damn city peasants!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Good luck. There's not much food for sale on Dwilight these days... :(