Author Topic: Advanced Mentoring and History: How to Gain Influence  (Read 13455 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Competence is overrated.

Rating is overrated.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

Perhaps the Marshal was indispensable in their current position.

Or, in some smaller realms, the General is made vice marshal so that his/her orders will be followed when the marshal is injured or captured.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
So were the Marshals incompetent? ;)

Heehee.  Maybe.
 ;D

I doubt it's a matter of competence, though.  It's more like a lack of interest. 

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
I'd say conflict of interest, rather than lack of.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I've seen Vice Marshals becoming Generals before Marshals do.  It has happened twice in Ohnar West at least.

At least one of those Marshals has several times refused to become General. And Banker. And Ruler, too.

This also goes back to what I've been saying for a long time: Those who ask for a position, get it. Leon asked to be Strategic Commander, so he got it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Or, in some smaller realms, the General is made vice marshal so that his/her orders will be followed when the marshal is injured or captured.

In bigger realms, too. :) The General of Darka is the Vice Marshal of the Darkan Royal Army. It comes in handy every now and then to have the official right to be able to send orders directly to the army.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.