Author Topic: Echoes of Someone Lost  (Read 3246 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Echoes of Someone Lost
« Topic Start: November 06, 2013, 10:09:26 PM »
Somehow the "family" kept working hard to make up the money used by someone to "start his military career". But the only one on the field for the Norman family was a commoner named Alan in Beluaterra. This is where the money was going.

Zekiel's story begins on his seventeenth birthday, when he graduates from apprenticeship at Balance's Retreat. He is on Dwilight to discover answers for his family's split, why the nobles have refused to acknowledge the name Artemis and Artemesia, and why commoners have no idea about the noble side of the family.

All Zekiel knows is that the last member of the pureblood noble house of Artemis, the predecessor of house Artemesia, Garret, did something that the family could never forgive. While he heard about how some members of his family had disgraced themselves and damned their souls by serving terrible creatures from some other plane, Beluaterra no longer felt the presence of daimons, and Ramuh's former masters were no longer to be found. Only, in Dwilight, did the shadow of daimons still exist. Zekiel's goal is to find out what happened to Garret, whether he yet lives, is dead, or has met a fate incomprehensible and more terrible.

I suppose this will be a thread of exchanged roleplays that are relevant to this plot, if there is any. I hope there is (Continuity!). Goal for completion of Zekiel's story is 6 months realtime, after which he can either retire or continue wherever he finds himself at that point.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Echoes of Someone Lost
« Reply #1: November 06, 2013, 11:23:24 PM »
Are you coming back to play on Dwilight? I hope so! 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: November 06, 2013, 11:40:25 PM »
It's not Artemesia. That's the entire "quest", if you will, of Zekiel. "To restore the Artemesia name". That basically boils down to "What happened to Garret?", since I never made up any story about what happened to him. Presumably eaten by daimons? Sacrificed by the Zuma? Died in some other fashion? ...Not dead? ...Worse than death?

Whatever may be the answer, successfully completing this "quest", with *your* help (o.O) will result in...I guess deletion of House Norman and recreation of House Artemesia? I have no idea. I'm not even sure if I can remake the same family name as one that existed before.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 06, 2013, 11:41:24 PM »
It's not Artemesia. That's the entire "quest", if you will, of Zekiel. "To restore the Artemesia name". That basically boils down to "What happened to Garret?", since I never made up any story about what happened to him. Presumably eaten by daimons? Sacrificed by the Zuma? Died in some other fashion? ...Not dead? ...Worse than death?

Whatever may be the answer, successfully completing this "quest", with *your* help (o.O) will result in...I guess deletion of House Norman and recreation of House Artemesia? I have no idea. I'm not even sure if I can remake the same family name as one that existed before.

You can.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 07, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »
I'll have a character in Swordfell fairly soon. If Zekial is hanging around Balance's Retreat for long, look for a priest that is flush with cash and looking to better the plight of the poor and useful.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 07, 2013, 03:15:05 AM »
Artemis is a club of women in the town I study in.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #6: November 07, 2013, 04:05:21 PM »
Zekiel has a lead. First stop is Morek when there's the opportunity. Capital region: Nifelhold, a grand tower situated at the setting sun's shadow of Mt. Black Nastrond.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:57:54 PM by Artemesia »

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #7: November 07, 2013, 11:21:53 PM »
This thread should probably be moderated.

4. Do not post in-game messages on the forum, other than posting your own Roleplays on the Roleplay board, or when appropriate as part of a Magistrate case. Players may post the roleplayed death of their character on the Roleplay boards without sending it in-game, since they cannot post it in-game.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #8: November 07, 2013, 11:39:17 PM »
Ok.

On my end I'll provide the proper censors. Appropriate censors? Something that obscures the identities of anyone involved in the messages other than directly pertains only to my character?

I feel like I should also just put this out there: Only messages that have to do with Zekiel's quest get posted on the forums. I'm not out to put realm secrets or military movements publicly, and by all accounts I believe there should be absolutely no reason why a message about Zekiel searching for a long lost relative would involve any relevant realm secrets. I understand, though, that this is a sensitive issue, so I would just like to reassure anyone who might take issue with my posts that I will be responsible and use my best judgment in terms of any messages I receive. If, however, the rules are clear in this regard, then I will have to comply, obviously, and exclude anything I receive in-game regarding Zekiel's quest, save for roleplays on the Roleplay Boards. I will apologize in advance for anyone who may be expecting those, as I did not plan to have any "roleplays" posted, and wanted rather for this to be an open diary storytelling experience for anyone who might want to join. I will inform all players who might have been affected in-game of the existence of this thread and ask for their permission whether or not to reference their messages, and what changes that the final product will look like would be acceptable to them. I assume this means I cannot include the actual text without enough modifications that it cannot be linked to an actual in-game message, so I will personally edit each and every message I receive on Zekiel and review them with the player who originally sent it.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope to bring you at least some entertainment while adhering to any and all rules set forth in this forum.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:49:03 PM by Artemesia »