Author Topic: Can the colonies bounce back?  (Read 10267 times)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Can the colonies bounce back?
« Topic Start: October 01, 2013, 10:15:28 PM »
...it's not an Empire!!!

Of course it is not an Empire James (all smiles)...

No it really is not.  The title of Empire was started by me sort of by accident.  Looking for a way to communicate the idea to everyone from the perspective of a barbarian Queen.  The idea was to call it something that everyone could associate with.  Had I called it the unified colonial established NATO UN organization of battle and love...well it would take to long.

If everyone can imagine an ancient UN then we would be close.

Besides, the whole thing will never last long... but it will give us a chance to figure out some Colonial standards we want our island to live by.  Other islands come up with little tidbits here or there that they deem socially acceptable, but the Colonies need that extra thought to make sure we encourage all character types to stay.

In other words how do we keep people from getting frustrated and leaving or being booted/run out.

The answer is reforms to our society on the island.  Reboot the realms while we let everyone join the senate to discuss things.  Find a way (that is not complicated...ie keeping track of all the infiltrator actions for every infiltrator) to be accepting and forgiving using game mechanics while still holding the awesome IC grudges that make playing fun.

I put out some ideas at the start of all this but refused to go into too much detail because to be honest this is not about me...not about James (who must kneel before the Empress)... this is about the Colonial society of characters and really the players also.

As for growth, think from the perspective of a new player.  You see a island that is one turn a day but beyond that it only has four options for realms to join.  Change that to having 9 or perhaps even 10 (if only the Arak Castle was in play) realms to choose and the island appears more appealing.

Along with the Colonial Senate (which I hope will help to keep everyone in communication so that small noble count realms will not run low on political intrigue) we should see guilds with cross realm memberships...  More duels to satisfy honor... more Tournys to entertain...

All of this is a very important and very big change I think anyway.  IF we can reign in Ares and Garm that is...before they try to eat the world.