Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71334 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Topic Start: September 30, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »
The continuation from Aldrakar's perspective.

Lady Lucini and the Dazzling gift prt 3

Hearing the soft voice coming from Lucini that occasionally pitched and seemed dotted with short giggles and intermingled with quickly stolen glances caused Aldrakar to make a somewhat dumb face. He was more than a little dumbstruck would be the proper term. ''Ermm, not at all.'' He quickly offered her as she started to apologize for her slight misstep in protocol. In all truth it lifted the burden of formality even further off his shoulders.

Taking in the expression of Lucini as she unwrapped the gift had made him feel rather happy and glad the he finally found a good use for the dazzling oil. ''I'm told it was found among some ancient treasure, I don't know if that's really true but even if it isn't its a treasure in itself.'' Dimples created small dents in his cheeks as he smiled at her. "I had imagined a very different person standing before me, Lady, Lucini.'' Aldrakar obviously separated the title and the name with a pause, trying to gauge if she wanted to discard one and keep the other.

Giving Lucini a moment to ponder her response Aldrakar turned about halfway and admired the tapestry once again but this time only in mock exercise though. Using the time himself to remove his dark brown leather gloves, the warmth of the torches and the well insulated tent urging him to seek relieve from the intruding heat that his well padded armor all retained. He tucked and hung them from his belt.

Noticing Lucini may become a bit nervous again Aldrakar couldn't suppress a chuckle and he let it out uninhibited. ''Apologies.'' Quickly followed his chuckle as he gestured towards her with his hand as if offering the word as a token. ''Fear not my presence Lucini. If anything I should be the one afraid! I came with a gift without knowing if it would be appreciated or a type of gift appreciated by you.'' His radiant blue eyes now blatantly staring at her for a while. Making an elaborate shrug with his shoulders and arms he continued. ''I am glad you seem to like the gift though, perhaps I should've added something gold colored though. You seem to like that color.'' He motioned towards the armor stand that held Lady Lucini's battle gear.

''I am a far more simple man.'' Aldrakar said as his thoughts turned to self-reflection and his tone lost some of its merit. His eyes returning in an attempt to meet hers. ''Both for lack of riches and desire to spend the wealth I do possess on lavishness.'' He tapped the practical splint-mail cuirass. It was a linked and riveted chest armor of carefully arranged metal plates and strips joined with chain-mail and heavy padded and boiled leather. ''Perhaps I could learn a lot from you in in terms of finer living.'' A smile curled his lips into a half moon once more as he turn around and looked around the tent once more. ''Finer than most manors I've visited.''