Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70859 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Topic Start: September 30, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
The continuation from Lucini Talratheon's perspective.

She smiled slightly and nodded to him, "I understand the notion, I don't get visits from my peers often. Most of my communications are done through letters or messengers, the last time I actually seen one of my peers was when Luria was ruled under the reign of King Fulco D'Este and it was himself whom I saw. What I mean is people have seen me but never actually spoken to me or visited me personally. I suppose Marshal Aldrakar, I'm not actually all that interesting ... just the seemingly elusive Imperial Conciliator. though in part I actually envy you, you get to see battle and combat and have traveled the seas." She smiled again slightly as she slowly turned to the side and wrapped the vial back up to keep  it from accidentally falling out with a single hand.

She reached to her face and moved a few strands of the silky black hair  from her visage, before turning to him, "Please Marshal Aldrakar we are alone, please call me Lucini. Unlike my more posh styled brothers I've never well been terribly good at their definition of being a noble I never sought the glory of combat, nor the intrigue of politics I found my joy in procedure and .. num..sorry, I can be a bit talkative at times." Had she the complexion to bluff she might have easily done so in the moment, but instead her paled yet youth features only remarked upon the slight smile she embraced.

She smiled and relaxed a bit as he chuckled and offered apologies, it made her feel a lot more at ease, it was always unnerving trying to walk on egg shells around nobles who felt to get offended at the simplest of mistakes of terminology or title. She laughed now as he expressed a degree of fear from her, he looked into his eyes with her own and slowly shook her head. "Marshal Aldrakar I assure you, I'm hardly worthy of being feared... despite what D'Harans and that assassin from Morek says of me." She looked about at the comment of gold and scoffed very softly. "No Marshal Aldrakar your gift is very appreciated and more importantly an extension of your gratitude the gold is .. it's mostly gifts from the Imperial Palace and various merchant clans seeking favor into Giask. The tent, the armor I simply use what I am given. It is rather nice in fact to be given a gift that is more meaningful than material."

She looked to him now and listened, smiling and remain quiet following his hands as it tapped the front of his armor her eyes having looked into his the entire moment. Until of course he looked about the tent and she her self looked around, it might have been hard to believe she never actually paid much attention to her own lifestyle had anyone asked her she would say it was humble but of course to others it was opulent. She was occasionally reminded of her own degree of wealth in moments such as these. She bit a small portion of her bottom lip in thought before looking back to her guest. "Simplicity is often underestimated, it is in the simple one can find truth easier than the complex or intricate. And if the war goes as planned all Lurians will prosper enough to see the rewards we've so labored for, reaped. Especially her Marshals and her warriors. Admittedly I feel guilty at times, as my peers sail off for battle and I'm travelling region to region handling the business of courts, trials, administrating the optimal efficiency for regional production."

She raised a hand to her forehead a moment in almost embarrassment, "Oh my I must apologize sincerely, I've been a terrible host would you desire ale, wine... tea? or spirits I hear it's a bit stronger than most drinks. I also have bread, pastries and several lambs upon spits being prepared to boost the morale of the men. The Winter can nag at them at times such as these I find a warm and meaty meal is often the ticket required to keep them in high spirits. That was enough for her to do in terms of hospitality and distract her from the fact that she was rambling on.