Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70819 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Topic Start: September 30, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
The continuation from Aldrakar's perspective again.

Lady Lucini and the Dazzling gift prt 4

Standing about, listening to Lucini speak of herself, the perceptions that other have of her and see her grow in confidence did Aldrakar good. He couldn't help looking down at his boots as a small trail of muddy boot-prints lay behind him. He arched his eyebrows as he turned his gaze back to Lucini in apology. ''Sorry about that.'' The weather outside made its presence be known once again as the cloth and leather walls of the tent deigned to the suggestion of the wind outside.

A spark appeared to his eyes as his lips formed into half grin half smirk. ''I guess the tent agreed to your suggestion! I would welcome some warm wine and no soldier would say no to fresh roasted lamb.'' Feeling quite reassured that formality was out of the window his fingers started to unlace some of the cords holding his neck-guard in place. The rugged and metal scaled leather releasing his neck from its stubborn embrace.

The cuirass didn't leave for much -breathing- room though, no matter how much you loosened the straps or cords or ties. It would suffice though Aldrakar thought. ''Your are quite dedicated to your profession I must admit. Wish I could say the same but I take no joy in taking life. That doesn't mean I take my duties as Marshal serious though.''Aldrakar tried to make light of the mention of death by raising his voice a bit and offering a large and white toothed smile. Why did I have to mention death! he thought to himself. A hand rose towards his head and his fingers vanished under his topaz colored hair as he scratched his head.

Only just realizing Lucini had held his gaze for an extend period of time he straightened up and tried to move away from the current subject and breach into a new one. He brought his hand up a bit and pretended to point something out in the distance as he mock squinted his eyes at Lucini. ''Are those a gift from your mother's side or your father? I cannot say I've ever seen anyone with green eyes like that before.''

Abusing the opportunity perhaps but Aldrakar used it to frame those eyes and her face with the black long hair and took a moment to appreciate what he was seeing. He broke away as another thought bore down on his mind. What was her age anyway? her small frame and petite features made her look younger but he had no idea honesty. Not to add that her presumed nervousness and shyness only augmented that concept.

Aldrakar's face turned more neutral as he recalled the food that was offered and looked about for a place to sit down or something. The opulent room did not disappoint naturally and he followed his hostesses guidance in the matter.