Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70887 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Topic Start: September 30, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »
The dinner continues!

Lady Lucini and the Dazzling gift prt 5

Seeing Emily the maid-servant bring in the tray of steaming lamb roast and accompanying that the the spiced wine he needed no more prompting to conquer a seat at the table. A small groan further fueled his resolved as he sat down with a little bit too much speed. The metal of his armor making a nice crunching sound as the links of metal met and churned against one another. With unintended flourish, a practiced move from horseback-riding Aldrakar drapped the rich brown cape over the back of the chair making it nearly vanish under it.

Finally sitting at the table Aldrakar took a deep breath of the fumes that came from the tentalizing dish before them. To the Empire, Marshal Aldrakar. He suddenly heard Lucini say and he grinned back at Lucini as he took the other of the two glass goblets in hand and raised it in toast. ''To you and the delicious food! The Empire will still be here when we are done eating.'' The words came easily to him and his attention nearly equally divided between the food and Lucini, slightly more to Lucini though.

The goblet soon found its way towards Aldrakar's lips and hearty ''mhmmm.'' the noise following his first sip. ''This is excellent wine.. actually this must've been one of the best wine's I've tasted.'' He inclined his head slightly as he had to admit surprise to himself. He really liked this wine, the cinnamon spicing was superb.

The maid-servant, Emily had quietly moved up to the table to distribute food to their plates, her hands reached for the utensils when Aldrakar spoke up. His own hand touching Emily's briefly as he stopped her from taking the utensils. ''Allow me.'' Emily glanced at Lucini for a brief moment but didn't press the matter as Aldrakar took the utensils and took one of the tastier looking, if that was even applicable, lamb pieces. ''Your plate please, Lucini.'' After which he placed the food on her dish and then proceeded to fill his own. He might have overindulged as his plate looked kinda full.

Before taking a bite he looked up at Lucini. ''Enjoy your meal.'' Again the words came as if spoken to an old friend, perhaps because he was distracted by the food or he was getting more comfortable in Lucini's presence. After having consumed several pieces of delicious meat he put down his knife and took up the goblet once more. Sipping from it slowly he got a questioning look on his face ''Why am I dining with the realm's Imperial Conciliator in near full battle gear?'' He chuckled and observed the crimson wine in the goblet for a moment. ''Not that I am being ungrateful Lucini, I really like your company and the its beautiful here. And not just because there is a gold gilded armour over there.'' With the goblet he motioned in the direction of the armour stand making the liquid slosh a bit.