Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71076 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Topic Start: September 30, 2013, 11:38:16 AM »
The Inn at the Crossroad Guild. This is one of the RP's I've written when Aldrakar was still recovering from a battle wound.

Winters pull and cold Wine

Stepping through the double door of one of the -Crossroad- establishments Aldrakar moved with a slight limp or was he just a bit slow on his feet perhaps. Having just entered the building he looked about himself a moment trying to assess the crowd inside and finding a place to sit. As is usually the case with people that stand about in a crowded place his presence became a bit awkward and some people looked up at him from their drinks and conversations.

Becoming self aware of this fact Aldrakar gave a curt nod as he began to lowly make his way to an empty table ringed with several large and comfy chairs. Coincidentally this table was arranged near a fireplace that at this time sported a gently crackling fire, embers dancing from one side to the other as they competed for firewood.

Gently depositing himself in one of the chairs that flanked the fireplace a small frown on his forehead belied of the pain he felt as his right leg bumped just a little bit too hard on the ground. ''Damn monsters and their claws!'' Aldrakar cursed through his teeth. Before he could ever entirely seat himself comfortably in the chair one of the inn's servants had reached him already. ''What may I do ye for?'' She said with a large smile. ''That must hurt!'' She blurted out as he perceived Aldrakar's discomfort.

Rolling his eyes and still in a slightly awkward sitting position Aldrakar replied. ''Yes, it does..'' Looking up at the girl he continued. ''Some Dwevian wine from Mattan Dews please, and a stool. I need it for my leg.'' He pointed at his right leg. The serving girl nodded exaggeratedly. ''Coming right up, wine and a stool!'' She quickly turned about and sped away towards the bar.

Rearranging himself a bit Aldrakar found a position amenable enough and wondered why a small cut could hurt so bloody much. -Infection!- an impish little voice whispered to him from inside his head. Aldrakar dismissed it quickly thought, he had it washed and stitched right after the battle. It wasn't infected, Pha! or was it?.. He wasn't sure anymore and the doubt must've shown on his face as the serving girl returned. ''One local Lurian Wine and a stool!'' She placed the goblet of wine on the table and helped Aldrakar with the stool. Carefully placing his right booted foot on the stool and distracting him from the pain with another of her bright smiles. ''All fine!''

With the early winter chills borne on the wind outside it was going to be a cold night, Aldrakar had no intention of leaving the Inn early and already looked forward to his second cup of wine as he tasted from the first. It was cold, damn he should've asked for a warm and spiced cup of wine.