Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71045 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #195: January 27, 2017, 06:57:45 PM »
A wee little Rp. Just big enough to spark the imagination I hope. My intend was to provide a starting point for a mutually written RP. I wrote it following a IC letter invitation to visit. Not sure if the person in question actually wants to Rp but to the wind with caution!

Arriving at Manor Caesara

Men laughed as they often do when they feel at ease. The unliving they had left behind. The Town called Irvington had survived two waves of the bone horrors these last few days. With bows and good arrows one can do a lot. These men proved it. That, and they were damned good with a blade.

''Oi! Don't make me come tear your ear off.'' An appraising eye spied for further signals, failing to spot any, additional words would have to do. ''I Will! I'm telling you, I will!'' The man startled at a sudden tap on his left shoulder and lept up a full arm's length into the air. Laughter ensued from the sixty or so other men. fifty nine if you want to be exact. Number sixty wore an impish expression on his face as he fastened his sheath back onto his belt. The instrument with which he tapped the Captain on the shoulder. ''Why you little inbred..'' the torent continued and as it did, the laughter evolved into taunting and braying, jeering was the word perhaps. Aldrakar didn't mind. He let the thoughts wander through his mind as he rode at the front of the company of men. The smallest of smirks, ever on his lips.

Twisting his body in the saddle to face the men behind him. ''Shape up! If you want to continue to be worthy of my name and be the Rendorian Elite then act the part.'' Aldrakar let his gaze rest on them for a moment, the fact his horse kept on walking must've made it look comical. None laughed now though. The men, warriors one and all of high caliber, quickly organized themselves into a presentable fashion. A double column starting right behind Aldrakar. ''Hgmm, better.'' Returning smirks appeared on the faces of the men and Aldrakar winked.

Ahead lay the Manor of House Caesara, the traditional residence of the Lord or, in this case, Lady of Cadier. Caesara being the current dynasty in control of the region. As it came into view Aldrakar wondered, what did he know of the Lady Vespesia Caesara? Woefully little was his conclusion. On his left, some hundred paces give or take, a great herd of wild horses rode past. Their chestnut, bay and dun coats shining in the sun and beautifully meshed with the verdant background. A landscape of unending flowing hills and meadows, dotted with wildflowers and tough brush.

With the herd of wild horses disappearing from sight, the Manor took center stage. Arriving at the spacious central court which sat at the front of the impressive building, the captain gave the order to stand at formation. A thing entirely unnecessary and completely for show. The men were highly disciplined and preformed flawlessly. When they needed to of course and this was one such an occasion. Aldrakar nudged his horse, a black stallion of rather large physique, to the center of the square and dismounted with ease.

As the Lady's servants were well aware of the approaching Noble they were fully prepared. As such Aldrakar was initially greeted by the Manor's Steward. Whom informed him that the Lady would be receiving him presently. Aldrakar smiled at the man and gave him a small nod. All the while pulling off his riding gloves, tucking them into his belt.