Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71055 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #195: January 28, 2017, 07:58:27 PM »
The response from the player of Vespesia Caesara. I had some trouble figuring out if this was the player's first time RPing like this. If it is, its pretty damn good.   

Vespesia heard her steward Otto greet the visiting Royal Aldrakar downstairs.  This was the first opportunity she had to formally entertain a visiting fellow Noble of Luria, and she hoped to make a good impression with the former Emperor.  Although she never would have admitted it, she had fretted most of the morning over the proper wear for the meeting.  A finely cut dress given to her by her father?  Her full armor, black as her hair?  No, she had decided simply to have her simple leathers, with her sword at her waste, a classic look, but sometimes those were the best.

She quietly began to walk downstairs and saw Aldrakar removing his riding clothes and cleaning off the cloying dust of the road.  "Royal Aldrakar, well met sir, I welcome you to Southwatch Manor.  I do hope you will stay a while and share my food and fire."  She said these things smiling as she had been trained to do in her youth, before her father had given up trying to raise her a true genteel lady.  "I do hope you will be able to join me for some lunch, my steward, Otto, has prepared some roast pheasant for your arrival, and I have brought forth the last and best of my last wine from Flowrestown, I should like to sit and talk if you please, to get to know each other."

As she said this, she gestured toward the dining room, having been prepared with all the amenities the country estate could offer.  A small fire burned brightly in its hearth on the far wall, over which a large painting of the West Divide mountains hung.  This painting was paired with another, a landscape painting that had been in the estate when she had arrived.  A wide open plain with a bright blue sky, and wild horses, a staple in Cadier, were the subject of the painting.

"I would be delighted for you to join me, Royal Aldrakar."