Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70314 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #195: January 30, 2017, 08:08:34 PM »
As written by the player of Vespesia Caesara.

Of Lunches and Exiles;

Vespesia sat with Aldrakar for a short while as Otto quietly darted to and fro with is small army of cooks, servants, and waiters.  before long, wine was poured, and Vespesia allowed herself to drink as much as she could politely could.

"Royal Aldrakar, I am glad to finally meet with one of my new fellow Nobles of Luria, away from the field.  I must admit I watched with great interest from the upper floor as your soldiers came into the area of the manor.  They handle themselves well.  Perhaps while you are here, my retinue could perform some training exercises along side them.  Many of my men are recently obtained in Giask, however there are a few good men left who traveled with me from Swordfell, to Westfold, and finally here, and I would like to get those men acquainted with the proper fighting techniques here in Luria."

As she spoke, the various house staff had finished presenting their meal:  roast pheasant stuffed with wild berries and topped with thime, freshly baked bread complete with aged cheese purchased during Vespesia's last visit to Giask, alongside these, fresh cucumbers and small tomatoes from her garden, all prepared under the watchful eye of the manor's chef, who in turn operated under the more watchful eye of Otto.

Vespesia cut the pheasant and served a good portion to Aldrakar, who nodded in appreciation and began to eat with some excitement.  Vespesia knew well that travelling was hungry work, and allowed a small at the shared experience of all men and women who took up arms.  "As I previously told you in my letter, I enjoy frank and honest speech and so would like to perhaps clarify a few questions that you orothers of the Nobility of Luria might have about myself and my fellow Swordfellian exiles.  In your letter you stated that you were worried that we might be hesitant to give up past allegiances, and past grudges.  I can only speak for myself, of course, but I rather like it here in Luria.  My father used to tell me stories of the great Empire to the south when I was a girl, indeed I believe you might have been the subject of one or two of the more raucous tales." 

"We take our oaths quite seriously, Royal Aldrakar, and so I can assure you that we are loyal to the Emperor and to Luria.  We wish merely to give our swords and fealty to a realm that will accept  us, and I will not forget that Luria has given us that home.  I am happy to be a part of the reclamation of Luria Nova's ancestral holdings.  It was good to be out in the field again, protecting townsfolk from the scourge of monsters and the vile undead.  I have traveled too far, come over too many mountains, slept too many nights in the rain beside dwindling fires to hold old grudges of the past.  I am no longer a daughter of Swordfell, indeed I wish to be a woman of Luria!"

"I propose a toast!"  Both Vespesia and Aldrakar raised their dwindling glasses of wine.  "To new homes and to new brothers.  To the reclamation of Luria and to better and more glorious days ahead."  Both of those seated finished the last of their glasses, and despite her best efforts, a bit of blush appeared on Vespesia's cheeks from the rush that only good wine can give. 

Their plates now emptied, Vespesia gracefully, or as gracefully as a slightly tipsy woman in leathers with a sword can be, stood up and said, "Of the many things I was surprised to find upon my arrival to the manor was a wonderful garden.  Perhaps you would like to join me for a short walk?  The summer flowers are blooming beautifully."