Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70383 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #195: January 30, 2017, 08:10:08 PM »
I took the liberty to set another stage, this time the garden. My aim was to give a rich ambiance which at the same time would offer potential places to go to or to include as aids for the other writer. Enjoy!

The Garden in Ochre

Their plates now emptied, Vespesia gracefully, or as gracefully as a slightly tipsy woman in leathers with a sword can be, stood up and said, "Of the many things I was surprised to find upon my arrival to the manor was a wonderful garden.  Perhaps you would like to join me for a short walk?  The summer flowers are blooming beautifully."

His stomach was full and throughout his body a warm and sluggish feeling was spreading. Thoughts wandered towards a very comfortable sofa, with a blanket and a soft pillow. Eyelids started to droop. However, he was at a formal meeting. Well, formal was just a word for it. A better word was perhaps informal, or casual.. friendly? Aldrakar lifted his head to the sound of Vespesia's words. ''The Garden? why yes, I could do with some fresh air.'' His tone so obviously a tailored lie, it might've sounded comical. He allowed himself to stretch and offered a wry grin. ''The food was excellent.''

Passing through the hall of the Manor his eyes calmly took in what was on display. Several servants hadn't anticipated the two Nobles to go this way and they tried their best to become invisible. Aldrakar nodded almost imperceptibly at them, blinking slowly as he did so. Not wanting to allow too much distance between himself and Vespesia he slowed his pace to a trudge. ''You made a fine toast, but not nearly as fine as the wine you served. What was that? I might want to get some of my own.'' The passing comment he used to study Vespesia a bit. She was a young woman who didn't fit his image of a Noble Lady. Not really at least. No pomp and she seemed more akin to the battlefield rather than at court. His eyes told him she was pretty but his brain informed him of the steep age gap. The wine was playing its role too but it was unclear for which camp it was rooting.

In an attempt to clear his head of some of the wine he looked up at the ceiling for a moment feinting thought, a futile thing to do really. Once wine takes hold, it'll stay with you the entire night. Usually at least. As the entrance to the garden came into view and thus the exit of the manor was reached. A gentle yet suddenly cold breeze welcomed them. The sun had started to dip beyond the rim of the world. That place no man or woman could ever reach, yet had to imagine. The sky taking on hues of lavender and of deep ochre. Broad bands stacked one atop another in the sky like thick layers of molten wax.  One mixing into the other until a scene was revealed to stretch the entire, early evening sky. The wildflowers and roses, whatever their color had been, were now made of bronze, of darkened gold and of the color of women's lips, kissed too often and too hard.

The pebbles crunched underfoot as Aldrakar took his first few strides into the garden. His blond hair summoning a will of its own but he had long ago made peace with that. Aldrakar took in the garden for what it was. A place of relaxation now bathed in the most miraculous of lights. Further along he could see torches being lit by servants and spotted a modest gazebo with an inviting brazier. Its flames illuminating the interior of the gazebo and undoubtedly dispelling any chilliness that had tried to live there.

With some mixed feelings Aldrakar turned to Vespesia and offered her his arm. A flash of Lucini passed his mind's eye and was followed by a memory of Jocelin. He welcomed them but as he realized it himself, he hoped Vespesia hadn't noticed his lapse of attention. ''What would you like to show me first? The roses?'' He motioned off to where he assumed where the rosebushes. He made brief eye contact before turning away again. ''Still no questions I assume.'' The last he said with a bit of a smirk on his face. ''I trust you want to be Lurian, who doesn't. So let's no longer contest that.'' A nearby bush covered in tiny, purple flowers was tugged at by the wind and all but enveloped Vespesia and Aldrakar in a cloud of wonderful fragrance.