Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71057 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #195: October 19, 2017, 12:20:03 PM »
Hey everyone. A bit of traditional Lord - Knight RP.

This is a letter from the Player of Ceryn Onyxis followed by an RP / Letter from Aldrakar. As you'll see it centers around the swearing of Fealty and how a Lord could handle receiving a new Knight entering his service. Sure it is a bit elaborate but hey, if it would happen to me as a Knight I'd be delighted. From that perspective I made this. Hope you like it.

The ingame message is an actual RP with the descriptions and such with plaintext and the letter parts of the message are quoted to stand out.

Letter from Ceryn Onyxis 

My liege, Aldrakar Renodin, Imperial Magistrate and King of Earth's Hall,

I hope this missive finds you well. I write today to introduce myself, and to reaffirm the pledge of fealty which I have made to you, your Kingdom, the city, and the Hegemony at large.

My name is Ceryn, the grandnephew of the recently deceased Lord Claude Onyxis. Upon this unfortunate event of his passing, I and the Onyxis family at large have concluded that I should come into the public light and represent the family in his stead. It will be a pleasure to meet you in person; my granduncle had spoken highly of your diplomatic and rhetorical skill, as well as your dedication to your noble duties.

I will do my best to serve you and the realm as best I can. Of course, if you have any particular guidance or orders, I am happy to receive them.

From the hand of,

Ceryn Onyxis
Knight of Poryatown

-=-=-=-=-=-

The Oath of Fealty

Your scribe carefully hands you a heavy scroll case. The leather a soft brown worked with oils until it reached a smooth oaken hue. Set around the top and bottom your eye catches fancifully cut gemstones that add luster and weight to the thing. Their sparkle a rainbow grasped firmly in their greedy, crystalline hands. Upon opening the container you find two pieces of vellum. One lighter and one far more ceremonious. Possessing not only a heavy and officiously looking seal poured over gold-thread strings, but suspended from them a rich brown, velvet piece of cloth marking the banner of Aldrakar Renodin. Looking back at the scroll container you notice nearly the entire surface of it has been carefully and expertly embossed with insignia and heraldry and indeed markings, associated with House Renodin.

Taking the lighter piece of vellum out first your eyes roam the material and absorb the message written upon it. The lettering suggests the hand that wrote them was patient and had received proper training perhaps for years on end.

Sir Ceryn, Scion of House Onyxis, Knight of Portyatown, Subject of the Kingdom of Earth's Hall and Noble of the Hegemony of Luria Nova.

Your letter is well received.

The mention of your Grand Uncle along with your family choosing you to fill his considerable shoes is a compliment in and of itself. Know that by stating such you raise the bar of my expectation substantially. Lord Claude perished fighting the beasts of the dark in defense of humanity and the Empire. With that being his last deed you would do well to secure a capable company of men and follow in his footsteps. However, before we get to that I present you with the Sacred Vows that accompany a Pledge of Fealty.

These here words you offered and the ones I offer in return bind you to me, until death. Shun all which I shun and love all that I love, that is our pact.

You take out the heavier piece of vellum and allow your eyes to glean its message. These words are styled to look grand. To impose and great care has been taken to perfect each individual letter.

To your Oath of Fealty I shall hold you. Until such a time that I release you from it or death does claim you. In turn I will provide you with an upkeep suitable to your service rendered onto me. Providing enough so that you may command a company of good and loyal men in my name and do battle for the pleasure of the Realm and our Sovereign master, The Emperor.

I swear to do right by you as long as your Oath is strong and shelter you in my homes, provides you cloth to garb your body in and see to the nourishment that grands you life. Justice shall be mine to give and my hand to shield you from the evil of others. This is my sacred vow onto you as Liege and I accept your Oath.

The estate known as Essenhorn Tome Hall is now yours by bond and oath, use it wisely.

Sir Ceryn, you do me proud and make swell my heart with hope as the future just turned to a stark Gold against the black night sky.

Having digested the message you look back at the first letter.

Now that you are my bannerman and indeed, my Knight. Here is your first mission. It will allow me to see you in action and gauge your quality and virtue. Write Sir Kyryn Kye of House JeVondair. He has been given overall command of the expedition to the Tomb Islands, home of the D'harans. Their charge being to aid in the defense of the Tomb Isles against the oncoming hordes of monsters. You will offer your service to Sir Kyryn and be part of this expedition. Fight the monsters that took the life of your beloved and famous Grand Uncle. Kill as many of them as you can but always keep in mind, you fight to keep the people safe.

Do this and show your worth.

With a benevolent eye,

Aldrakar Renodin