Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71186 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #210: October 24, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »
My response to Max Bennet's RP. Felt like taking one of the NPC's, the messenger boy and writing a little story around him. Let me know what you think.

A Boy on his Feet

The capable looking and raven cloaked figure of Lord Max loomed over the boy. The youth threw big eyes in awe as the noble produced two pieces of minted silver. Rubbing the face of the Imperator against the image of Balance's retreat in his palm. Making a soft grinding sound as the coinage of Swordfell enthralled the boy. ''Inform the Lord Aldrakar Renodin of my arrival. Be swift and don't delay.'' The second line uttered with an edge of danger the youth didn't fail to notice. ''Yes m'lord, I won'nea tarry. Swift as hawks I'll be! Promise!'' Bowing quickly to the Fellish Lord. Eager hands received the silver and feet brought a wiry body to turn on its heels. A hidden grin flashing teeth as the boy knew exactly where the Lord Aldrakar was. Not twenty steps away and his personal banner bright for all to see. The great oaken brown field covered with gold stitching, depicting a lion proud.

Snaking through the crowd of the Grand Docks the youth cast a glance backwards. His gleeful laugh cheering passers by. Darting past a fishmonger's cart and narrowly avoiding a group of pickpockets in action there he was. Right before the former Emperor himself. Blades at the ready to cut life from his breast as men the equal of bears and giants watched him and anyone else trying to catch a glimpse of the man himself. The Rendorian Elite. While carrying their wounded from a skirmish in Nid Tek, they remained more than capable and utterly willing to lay down their lives for their Liege.

''Master Aldrakar!'' The youth's shrill voice called out. Raising his hand and making himself as tall as possible in an attempt to be seen by Aldrakar himself. ''I bring word from Lord Max of Swordfell!'' Inspiration came and he jumped on a nearby crate belonging to a merchant's stall. ''oi! boy! git!'' The merchant instantly growled. ''Master Aldrakar! Lord Max sends his regards!'' One of Aldrakar's Elites groaned and moved to haul the sprite of a man out of sight. ''He awaits you but there! Right there!'' In a last ditch effort the boy pointed yonder to where the Fellish transport had moored. Aldrakar raised a hand and his sworn warrior pauses momentarily. The middle aged monarch peered in the direction the boy had motioned and nodded once. The fierce looking warrior backed down and the boy grinned triumphantly. ''Thank you.'' The words formed with the rich timbre of Aldrakar's voice. While not spoken loudly, they carried.

Moments later Aldrakar's bodyguard cleared a path to the Fellish transport and spotted Lord Max of House Bennet, Master and Earl of Fatexna. The Euschean sea offered a mild breeze that brought with it the scents of the spice market, fermented fruits soon to become liquors and tugged at Aldrakar's heavy, brown cape where it already played with his shoulder length golden hair. ''Lord Bennet, Max, welcome to the City of my children, the Home of my wife and allow me to welcome you, to Luria Nova.''

So the man, Aldrakar met Max, for the very first time.