Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71278 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #210: October 26, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »
Welcome back! I got round to finally writing a response. Do feel a bit bad for taking so long in making it but here it is. Hope you enjoy it!

The Emperor and the Horse

"The city... I haven't seen much yet but what I've seen so far is very impressive. The waters of Euschean Sea - most favourable, much unlike the rough seas of Central Toprak. Then again such calm waters would never allow for the favourite passtime of the Flow Dwili. The docks - very lively. The statue - very imposing, you must one day tell me the story behind it, Imperial Magistrate." - Max intoned the title as if expecting something from his older host, then knocked twice on the armour of one of the warriors - "Yes. Everything very impressive indeed. But - Royal Aldrakar - I'm certain that the city has much more impression to offer, and haven't you promised me a tour?" - he twisted his lips into awkward smile.

~Max Bennet

The hustle and bustle of the Grand Docks fluently though gradually found its way around the two Nobles. Wagons laden with goods where pulled by huge oxen as often as they were by sturdy workhorses. Sacks of produce borne on the backs of day-tellers buoyed on by exacting taskmasters and even the odd dog drawn cart could be spotted amidst the throng. Aldrakar listened patiently. The signs produced by his posture bespoke of great inner calm and an equal measure of attentiveness. Tranquil azure eyes beheld the Fellish Lord as he spoke. A minute nod, the shadow of one perhaps, all that he offered before he responded. ''Come, let's us find out if we can slake your thirst. I have always held curiosity as a virtue.'' Aldrakar maneuvered his body into a turn. Stretching out an arm invitingly towards the city and away from the docks. His gloved hands covered with supple, hazel leather. Prominantly displayed upon his ringfinger, a solid gold, seal ring. ''After we have done that, we'll see if we cannot also slake your thirst for wine.'' A benign smile surfaced upon his lips like a precious coconut discovered by a castaway on a lonesome isle. ''You do appreciate wine I hope, or will I be condemned to drink alone?'' The question was left hanging in the air where it mixed with the sounds of heavy wheels upon cobble, the squawking of a hundred or more gulls and even mingled with the hiss and yell of angry cats. Fighting over discarded fish-heads. Much to the delight of local kids whom wagered their sweets on the potential outcomes.

The Rendorian Elite, Aldrakar's personal guard, moved around the two nobles and cleared the way ahead. Aldrakar momentarily placed a hand on Max's left shoulder as he guided the man through the streets of Giask. ''Tell me of yourself. A wife? Children?'' His face took on a paternal quality, concern perhaps. Looking at the crest born upon Max's luggage Aldrakar swiftly turned his gaze back at the man. ''What does that stand for? A crimson swallow?'' The captain of his guard cleared his voice, a gesture that drew Aldrakar' attention. ''Yes Gerolf?'' The predatory man motioned ahead, a fork in the road. ''To the Golden Palace or the Equine Academy sire?'' Before answering Aldrakar turned to Max. ''Would you wish to meet the Emperor and perhaps some other members of the Nobility or would you rather experience the thoroughbred horses I've collected and put to military use?'' There was no pride in the words that would indicate hubris and neither any trace of an underlying need to impress.

''The Palace used to be my home and my son might be there. The Academy is a recruitment center I've financed and build up with the help of my retainers and my second son actually. Don't feel obligated to pick either for both are fine destinations. Sholan usually doesn't fly into a bloody rage over such trivial matters.'' Aldrakar turned away briefly. ''Usually.'' A moment stretched and then a rich laugh boomed from Aldrakar's lips. Clutching his waste with a single hand before he fully regained control over himself. ''Don't worry Max, either really is fine.'' The words were accompanied with a smile.

Captain Gerolf privately grinned. His master could be a tease, a great man some called him but also just a man.