Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71096 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #30: November 18, 2013, 10:15:12 AM »
The response Aldrakar gave is detailed in the following RP. It was send just after the Assault on Qubel Lighthouse If I recall correctly. Wounded and messed up Aldrakar had to get a scribe to write for him. Enjoy!

Wounded in Port Nebel

Some days ago, nearing a week actually, a messenger had arrived to Aldrakar's tent. He was quite tenacious and even cunning as he used all sorts of legal threats and general niftiness as he managed his way to privately see the Imperial Marshal, Aldrakar.

At one point the messenger even blantently threatened several attendants with a letter opener and a solemn promise that auburn and candle crimson red were made with human blood. When Lady Lucini's insignia was visible to Aldrakar however he had waves his attendants away and even the guards. He had received her letter.. his letter? his letter she had returned to him with the maroon imprint of his kiss on the parchment and the scented seal of her dynasty.

He had kept it, the letter and seal, in a scroll case which he kept in a small lock box. He loathed to have the scent escape or the existence of the letter known to others. It was his secret, their secret in a way. Either way he treasured it and often held the thick paper absentmindedly in his hands as he stared at the night sky when he was alone.

Tonight was such a night.

Earlier that evening Aldrakar had send a small army of scrolls, letters and reports to the mainland. Dictated them as he was still recovering from wounds. He had sustained arrow wounds that not quite punctured his armor but did punch into his flesh as they were stuck in his armor. His hands were grizzled now, raw and a jungle of nicks and small cuts. His face was marred with bruising and his left eyebrow was swollen and sported half a dozen stitches.

He was currently seated on a truly Lurian couch, the kind that allowed one to lay down but still have some back support. Excelent for being fed grapes or lounge as one conversed with friends over a slow meal. Aldrakar hadn't done that much though. He recognized its comfort as it supported his left leg and at the same time allowed him to sit / lay comfortably.

An arrow had likewise found the flesh of his left leg and grazed it. The wound was larger than it should've been. A puncture wound would've been smaller, this was a nasty tear in his flesh. It throbbed but hadn't wept puss fortunately. As Aldrakar brought the scented seal to close to his face he inhaled deeply. Remembering their meeting when he had given her the Oil. Did she smell that now? He wasn't sure but it definitely smelled a million times better than anything else outside of his tent.

Reaching over to grab a small scribe board and parchment he started to write a short message to Lucini.

-I miss you Lucini, war is terrible and I fear I may have become a little bit more ugly. Not that you fell in love just for my good looks though. Right?-

Suppressing a small chuckle Aldrakar's smile quickly warped into a wince as his wounds and bruises protested.

-Soon I'll be in Port Nebel and from there will go to Askileon. I hope that when I arrive some of my wounds will have healed enough to hold a certain someone in my arms. That is if she would be there when I arrive. I don't want to tell you about my time here on Nebel Island. All I'll say is that your seal and love kept me alive.-

Feeling his resolve crumble and his mind grow dark Aldrakar resolved to end the already short letter.

-I'll be at your side soon Love.-

He folded the parchment twice and then handed it to a soldier. One of the few that was still relatively healthy. ''Take some of the gold on that table and make sure this letter finds its way to Lady Lucini of Giask.'' He held the trusted soldier's eye for a moment before returning to his star gazing.

''Yes m'lord, from your hand to Lady Lucini of Giask. It shall be done.'' The soldier intoned dutifully before turning smartly and departing.