Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70921 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #30: November 18, 2013, 10:25:59 AM »
Now I have to admit, I am not good at this kind of thing. The romantic writing. The lavish amount of detail and all that. To my surprise I discovered the other writer was quite skilled at this, details.

The greeting

With the rush of haste her lady in wait and her servants worked ferociously to strip away the night gown, leaving her nude as they quickly dressed her in a brassiere, under dress and finally the kirtle and noble dress in her usual colors of black and gold fabrics, a mixture of velvet and wool to provide warmth during the cool airs of the fall. Within the parlor the servants set down on the table the empty silver goblets and pitcher of wine and cold water along with a table set up to the side with a basin atop of it filled with rose water and clan rags off to the side should her guest wish to clean themselves to make themselves more presentable.

Dishes of quick made cheese cubes, crackers, pastries, and sliced smoked ham and  sliced roast beef was set out for them. Many of the servants looking puffy faced having been woken up for the occasion. Yet none of them would dare protest her ladyship when she made such a request as this so abruptly. With the quick knock at the door one of her guardsmen who flanked the inside of the door would move to open it looking over Aldrakar and recognize him, making way for the Imperial Marshal, both of them giving him a respectful bow of their heads as a servant soon approached Aldrakar.

"Welcome Imperial Marshal, Lady Talratheon is merely freshening up please feel free to make use of the basin and a helping of refreshments in the parlor. She shouldn't be long." He said timidly before bowing his head as well while retreating respectfully. There would be a few minutes before Lucini emerged but soon the doors from her personal quarters she was dressed a comfortable yet elegant evening gown, the neck flanked with black fox fur stole. She looked to Aldrakar with a half smile, her green eyes looking him up and down before looking over to her guardsmen and servants giving them a nod of dismissal.

They soon left the parlor, leaving the two alone with the only sound being that of the crackling flames in the braziers of the room and the scent the cheese, meats and wine. Lucini giggled a noticeable tear leaving her eye as she looked to the side to be sure of their isolation. "My love.. you look a mess." She approached him quite unfearful of the dirty armor or the scent he brought from a long voyage on the sea and looked up to the more taller male. Reaching up she placed a hand to his face and smiled a bit longer. "But a handsome mess."