Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71151 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #30: November 18, 2013, 10:28:40 AM »
Continued! I have to admit though that this was probably me chickening out a bit. However! in my defense we did have a war to fight. You know, refit, return, battle! A warriors life is so simple compared to a romantic love life.

The Call

Feeling the touch of Lucini's hand on his face took the last of the trepidation out of his body as his breathing settled. Aldrakar ignored the passing of the servants as they left the parlor as he only had eyes for Lucini.

The armor he wore was a leather cuirrass and legguards made of hard leather. It wasn't fancy in any regard other than that it was of good quality. Under the layers of leather armor he wore a loose blouse of cream white linnen that was visible on his arms as it sprouted from the cuirrass. His shoulders were drapped in a dark brown, heavy cotton cloak that was neatly tailored to his frame.

As silence descended on the couple Aldrakar lifted his hand and placed it over hers. Moving it to his lips and kissed it. ''No tears my love. I'm alive and not a shade yet.'' The scent of rose water reached his nostrils and with it the contrast that was his own odor. He gave Lucini an apologetic look as he released her hand and looked to the baisin of water.

Remaining in place for a short moment as if in indecision Aldrakar's face enriched with a smile as he spread his arms and took Lucini into his embrace. Holding her close he said through the locks of her raven hair ''A few steps is too far away to be from you now. The water can wait.''

A stern set of knocks on the parlor door interupted their embrace though. ''Imperial Marshal Aldrakar? M'Lord?!'' A gruff and penetrating voice invaded their space. ''What?..'' Aldrakar said in an annoyed and somehwat dangerous voice. ''M'lord, just received report that there is a huge warhost of D'haran's Fissoans and Barcans outside of Port Nebel. The Marshals have called a general assembly. We must leave for Port Nebel Sir!''

Sighing and visibly flexing the muscle cords in his neck and jaw Aldrakar looked defiantly at the door, as if a sworn enemy. ''I'll be at the ship in the morning.'' A short silence stretched as there was no reply. ''...Understood Sir!'' A quick succession of footfalls could be heard trailing away from the parlor door and Aldrakar and Lucini were alone again.

Aldrakar felt the first tentative tendrils of anger stretch out through his body but tried to calm his mind and succeeded when he looked into Lucini's eyes. ''I'm sorry my love.''