Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71084 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #60: August 05, 2014, 11:26:20 AM »
And here I'll post the reply to that Rp of the Player of Ellyn Coquard. This one's mine, all glory goes to mmeeeee!

Ellyn - Aldrakar 3

Tea on a Boat

Ducking his head low he stepped into the cabin of Lady Ellyn Coquard. It was a small space, sparingly furnished but it still enjoyed a hint of elegance or luxury here and there. Mostly brought on by Ellyn herself probably. Aldrakar took a brief moment to steady himself as a wave toyed with the ferry and caused an unlit lantern to creak as it swung from left to right. His hand firmly against the doorpost.

An incomprehensible but distinct female voice greeted him but he couldn't quite make out the words. As his eyes adjusted to the dimness of the cabin he moved closer to where he saw Ellyn lay in bed. A few steps was really all that was needed. His finely tooled leather boots making soft thumping sounds as he tried to be light-footed. ''Viscount Aldrakar I presume?'' Ellyn's voice welcomed him. Her tone made him smile calmly. ''Good Morning former Prime Minister. Did we not come to an accord in relation to our mutual social standing in light of one another?'' He said in a teasingly formal way. His blue eyes bright with laughter.

As he exchanged a glance with Sarae he held up a disarming hand before he went to accept the proffered seat next to the bed. The chair creaked as it accepted Aldrakar regained bulk. Months of training with his men, long marching days and eating plentifully had done much to restore his former physique. ''Pleasure is all mine Ellyn.'' Aldrakar said to her as he rested his arms on his lap and leaned towards her, causing blond hair to spill to the sides of his face. Dark like a setting sun when beheld in the shaded room that was Ellyn's cabin. ''You look terrible tough, an old woman more akin to a birch than a vibrant woman dashing through life.'' His tone disarming and the corners of his mouth arching upwards into a smirk.

Across the bed however 2 embers of eyes bore a hole in him. Looking up a bit and accepting the challenging look of Sarae Aldrakar winked. Which didn't quite settle the trusted handmaiden.

The exchange was interupted as Ellyn waves a piece of parchment at his face. "I see you have already started to inform the Crown Prince of things I haven't even shared with him? Or had time too? Though I must thank you as it helped him bring the family in line when they were speaking ill of me..." Directing his attention back to Ellyn he licked his lips before replying. ''It seemed only the right thing to do, you spoke highly of him and something of your protector. With news of your injury he should at the very least be informed I thought.'' Studying Ellyn's face for a moment he continued. ''Are you alright? should we open a window. You seem to be sweating.'' Aldrakar motioned towards her cheeks where some residual tears had found a haven from the drying handkerchief used before.

Not really waiting for a response he stood up and continued to open a small window that permitted a steady ocean breeze into the stuffy room. As he resumed to take his seat Ellyn offered him a cup of tea. Crafty woman, the thought that came to his mind. ''Why yes, I would like some.'' He accepted the bitter liquid but affected pleasure as he gave an appreciative grunt after the first sip. A keen observer might have detected his hand lowering the cup out of sight though.

Allowing time to create a small silence to stretch between them he used it to take a closer look at the woman he had been corresponding with for all these months. A former enemy and D'haran to boot. The first real D'haran that truly seemed to want peace. ''I believe you still have something of mine.. hmm?''