Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 71289 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #60: August 06, 2014, 02:29:14 PM »
Written by the Player of Ellyn Coquard. All credits naturally goes to her and also a fair bit of gratitude from my side.

Ellyn - Aldrakar 4

unnamed

"You look terrible tough, an old woman more akin to a birch than a vibrant woman dashing through life,'' she heard him say, and she suppressed a smile. "Well compared to you dear sir, I am an old woman, old enough to be your mother," she couldn't help but tease. Elly new she looked like something the barn cats had dragged in, but until she felt better she didn't right care. Elly frowned when it seemed he didn't care for the tea. Elly guestured to the cup. "Would you care for something else to drink? They will only let me have tea and I have nothing good hidden," she told him.

Elly guestured to Sarea. "Find him something good to drink, and myself as well. I am tired of boring tea...." Sarea frowned at her mistress, then looked at Aldrakar, then back to Elly. "I must stay and watch you," she said curtly. "No, you must go find drinks, I will be fine," she emphasized. Elly lowered her voice to a whisper to Sarea. "He's not going to harm me, he's not going to kill me. I'm sure he's also aware that the Emperor himself would come after him if anything untoward would happen." Elly dismissed Sarea and watched her leave.

"I am sorry for that," she apologized. Elly shifted to sit up better, brushing her errant hair out of her face. What she wouldn't give to sink into a hot bath, but until her side heals there would be none of that. ''I believe you still have something of mine.. hmm?'' Aldrakar asked.

Elly nodded and motioned to him. "If you will hand me that leather pouch on the table," she requested of him. She watched him rise and move to the table, returning with her pouch. Opening it she tilted it, dumping the signet ring on a silver chain into her lap. Putting aside the pouch she picked up the chain, unclasping it and sliding the ring down until it was by itself in her hand. Coiling the chain back in her lap she closed her hand around the ring. "I do have to thank you for the protection this could have given had it been needed," Elly stretched slight, tired of being forced to stay in bed. "Unfortunately nothing could have protected me in the Ember Estate from Blackmane, but I'm still alive and mostly well, so that is to be celebrated," she told him, holding out her hand.

She uncurled her fingers and the ring sat in her open palm for him to take. Elly looked at the door. "One would think drinks wouldn't take long to get..." Elly looked back at Aldrakar. "My hospitality is lacking it seems here on this ship, but hopefully the company is not."