Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70885 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #75: August 17, 2014, 12:47:10 PM »
Mornin'.  and if it ain't, just adjust it accordingly hehe. A short Rp I have for you today. An interaction quite unique and I hope that more people would use variations of it. Really shone a light on an area otherwise somewhat neglected I feel. The official bit I mean. Enjoy.

Details:

The quote-ed bits were actually quote-ed in the Rp format of message styles, as to represent an actual letter where the rest of the text is meant as actual RP.

Written by the Player of Sibylla Kildare:

Darius sat on his large throne, the portraits of his ancestors silently staring down at him. If they would be alive, the honorable path the Kildare family has taken would surely warm their spirits.

"Time is of the essence", he murmured as he shuffled through papers of potential spouses, his eyes jolting back and forth between the information each paper presented in his eyes. "There we go", Darius murmured as soon as he found Aldrakar Renodin. Darius stood up from his throne and walked towards Sibylla. She didn't pay much attention to him, obviously preoccupied with the urgent managing Orz required, until he stood over her shoulder and coughed, clearly a sign for a conversation start.
"Sibylla, I know that you are busy with the total war Luria has been engulfed into, but you have to start taking into consideration your age and more importantly, your family's legacy. This isn't a matter to be taken lightly and since you are my daughter, I would like to get your attention over that lad here", he said while waving Aldrakar's paper in front of her face.
"Fine", she said, "I'm pretty sure you could do much worse if given more laxity".
"Very well. I shall let the House's heralds submit a formal request of marriage to Viscount Renodin then", Darius said while walking towards the castle's main hall.

"Honorable Viscount Aldrakar Renodin,

I, Darius Kildare, of House Kildare, a Lurian noble house with ancestral ties to Shinnen, wish to formally offer my daughter's hand in marriage to you, Aldrakar Renodin, of noble House Renodin. For too long my daughter has went on without a spouse and it would be an honor for House Kildare to ally under strong and unbreakable ties with House Renodin."

May the Gods swiftly guide your hand,

Darius Kildare"

Written by me, in response:

The food was good here, as was the company. The house of mayor Gwindel wasn't big or grand but neither was his name. His family were governors of one of the settlements Sulorte was rich in and it was his family that remembered well the days when Aldrakar was the Lord of these lands. They had hosted him for a day now and with the evening meal come to and end Aldrakar had found himself on the balcony of the manor, overlooking a modest grove of olive trees.

In his hand was the letter written by Darius Kildare, Patriarch of the Kildare family. As the mild winter breeze toyed with the torchlight that illuminated the balcony Aldrakar sat down at a small table, just large enough for 2 people at best. He let his eyes wander over the parchment once more. ''Sibylla is a good woman..'' He rubbed his face with his hand and let it linger at his chin as he thought for a moment.

Putting the parchment down he took up quill and set to write a response.

Master Darius, Patriarch of the House Kildare,

Where a marital tie to the House Kildare, with ancestry linked to Shinnen would be a strong match for my person, must I inform you that there are already other marital negotiations ongoing. This fact prevents me from engaging in any other.

I am deeply honored you would consider my Dynasty a worthy party to the Lady Sibylla Kildare. It is unfortunate that no suitable males are present in the Empire of Luria Nova at this time.

With respect,

Aldrakar Renodin
Viscount of Garuck Udor

Aldrakar looked the letter over as the stars revealed themselves when the clouds drifted away from their obscuring duty. The next day that very letter was given to a messenger with clear instructions to deliver it in person and only to the Patriarch of the House of Kildare, come what may.