Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70816 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #75: August 17, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
Back again! This time with a little traveling Rp. Aldrakar visiting the lands of which he was first made a Lord way back, like.. way back. Enjoy!

Old memories

Riding past one of the more recent guard towers on the main road leading towards Sulorta Harbor Aldrakar found himself beset by an old emotion. He felt belonging tinged with a little bit of sadness. Savoring the feeling he motioned for his men to keep on marching. ''Sergeant, keep the men on the right path, I'll catch up in a while.'' Not waiting for an answer did he spur his horse on down a less trodden path.

Several soldiers looked up in mild amazement, one addressed the sergeant ''But sarge! What 'bout Bandits and their ilk? Sur'ley the Lord wan'sume protection nay?'' The man spoke crudely since birth and his bad teeth didn't aid him either. The sergeant however replied calmly, knowing Aldrakar could handle himself. ''Don't worry lad, he knows what he's doing. He used to Lord it over these lands. Know 'em like the back of  'is hand. Now get back in line!'' And so the soldiers found themselves harassed as usual, to make good time.

Down that lonesome path however, Aldrakar let his mount set the pace and allowed it the reins. He enjoyed the temporary freedom and the familiar sights of Sulorte but it wasn't long however before he came upon a guardhouse. A relic from another time really, a stone building expanded upon several times and dead smack at the edge of the road with a little tower sticking out over it. The guard on duty threw big eyes as he saw the fine horse and even finer dressed noble approach at speed. ''Oi! You thar! Stop! In name of the Lady Jocelin!'' The unnerved guard lowered his halberd but it didn't grand him any more courage.

Pulling hard on the reins Aldrakar brought the beast to a halt just out of reach of the pole-arm.  Pebbles spraying the guard who looked more sour by the minute. A whack heralded the opening of the tough oaken door of the guardhouse and out spilled 2 more guards. Rushing and wearing their helms unstrapped. ''W'ho goes therre!?!'' The initial guard shouted.

Gently urging the horse at a walk to the ancient stone watering trough Aldrakar fixed his deep blue eyes on the guardsmen who shrank away from his piercing gaze. Silence stretched as Aldrakar dismounted and tied the reins to the accompanying post. The only real sound coming from the horse who contently drank.

''I am Aldrakar Renodin and it is your duty to arrest me.'' He turned to face them and his armor backed up his claim at being nobility at least if not his daring manner. The guardsmen exchanged looks but only managed mutual confusion. Calmly walking up to the guardsmen Aldrakar made no motion to unsheathe his sword but his presence was enough to elicit a response from the three. ''Thas' close 'nough sirrah.'' Tension rose as Aldrakar obliged but gave time for the guardsmen to continue talking. Something they clearly hand't planned to do.

''I am from Luria Nova but my men are not with me now. Your Liege Lady is a friend of mine and if you decide to fight know that at least one of you will not breathe to see another day.'' He eyed the three and they in turn looked nervous, a direct martial challenge. ''We could of course always elect a more diplomatic course of action.'' Aldrakar offered a genuine smile. ''Let me leave a letter with you for the Lady Jocelin and know that she will be quite pleased with your efforts.'' A short pause which saw Aldrakar shrug mildly. ''If you accept I'll get on my horse again and ride away, no one needs to get hurt and all the gods will be happy. Lady Jocelin may be generous towards you for the service you did her and you'll have a good story for when you next drink with your friends.''

Aldrakar left the guards to glance and mutter between themselves as he moved back to his horse and retrieved from the saddlebag a leather bound package. He held it firmly for a moment as he untied the reins and mounted the horse. It responded willingly and smoothly followed his guidance. The guardsmen now found themselves in a hushed but heated debate. The horse walked up to the guardsmen and as Aldrakar arrived in reaching distance he placed a hand on the shoulder of one of the guards. '''Bli! What th..!'' The guard uttered. ''Peace!'' Aldrakar called as he had to restrain himself from chuckling. The guardsman looked up in astonishment as Aldrakar offered him the leather bound package. ''Give this to Lady Jocelin, please.'' The last word more a command than a pleasantry.

The guards were mute for all intended purposes as they stared after Aldrakar rode away the way he came and vanished from sight at the very first bend in the road.