Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70777 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #75: August 17, 2014, 02:33:33 PM »
Kinda felt I couldn't just leave it at that hehe. Had to write an Rp to kill the suspense and reveal what the content of the package was. Well.. now you can find out also!

The Leather Bound Package

The next morning saw the world doused in a thousand thousand droplets of rain and more. Ocean wind from the euschean brought mist and covered the coastal villages. Many people remained indoors but those that had to venture out did so under heavy cloaks of leather if they could afford them but most wore thick woolen ones. Their fabric absorbing most of the water but it meant an additional burden to carry around. It was better at least than getting soaked.

Standing before you in your reception were three guardsmen. Water pooling around their boots as it cascaded from them freely. They looked like wet dogs. Dross expressions forced upon their faces as they shivered and with one of them even with clattering teeth. Ushering them forwards was a tall and muscular man. Resplendent in your heraldic colors worn over a suit of chain-mail stood one of your personal guards. His lip was curled upwards in disdain. He clearly thought himself eminently placed above these lowly road guards.

''Kneel!'' He roared over their heads and was quick to force the nearest to do just that with a hard blow to the man's knee with the haft of his battleaxe. The other 2 needed no further prompting. Walking past the kneeling figures did the heraldic guard address you. ''My Queen, these three came to deliver you this.'' He bowed low with practiced ease and flaunted his chiseled body but properly averted his eyes. In his hand he held a soft leather bound package which he held for you to take possession of.

The content:

A small jeweled pin depicting the local heraldic symbol of Sulorte in fine gold and orange topas.

A short list written in good handwriting detailing favorable, local wine makers in the region of Sulorte.

A letter containing the following message:

Lady Jocelin, Queen of Barca,

May this letter find you in company of its original companions nestled in a leather bound container.

For your knowledge it are a jeweled pin of Sulorte, a wine list and this letter. Where I am unsure how this package will reach you I found myself writing this letter as I now know I will be traveling through Sulorte. I miss its lands, it is very tranquil and peaceful. Empress Alice bestowed its title upon me many years ago.

It never needed much attention, the land or the people for they managed themselves pretty sufficiently. This letter is merely a pleasantry and a notice that should this letter reach you, I am or have traveled through the lands of Sulorte. Worry not for looters or vile acts. None such will be visited upon this land.

I hope you are well and that health is ever yours.

Your friend,

Aldrakar Renodin
Viscount of Garuck Udor

The heraldic guard waited for a time and as you accept the package he seems fully intend on removing the ''scum'' from this exalted room. He clearly want to teach the 3 poor guards a lesson but there is still time to intervene, should you want to.