Author Topic: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life  (Read 70814 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The assorted bits of Aldrakar Renodin's Life
« Reply #75: August 18, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »
Naturally I could not simply let that Rp go unanswered. So here you can read about the 3 Roadside Guards, Andas, Nils and Inoric. Enjoy!

3 Guards and a Queen

"For your integrity and the obvious care you took in conveying Viscount Aldrakar's gift to us, it would please us if you would deliver a gift in return.  Be here tomorrow at dawn, and you will be rewarded again for your service."  She indicated that they were dismissed... and then paused.  Her curiosity was burning her up inside.  "We have never met Viscount Aldrakar... he seemed a goodly man?" With that Queen Jocelin Le Drake settled her golden gaze on the trio of very misplaced guardsmen of some outer road somewhere in the hills of Sulorte.

All the way to the Solar of the Barcan Castle, previously a Lurian Castle.. did the three road-guardsmen exchange nervous glances. Andas was the eldest of the three, a thickset man with a patchy beard trying to hide his various chins, one flapping over the other. Nils was the shortest, though none knew his age. Not even himself, 'lost count' he would claim if ever anyone asked. He seemed younger than Andas though and a lot thinner. Inoric made up the third of the trio and he was a merry man, simple of wit but always ready with a cheesy story or two.

Their relief was plain to see when the pompous guard left the room but that only lasted a very short time as the Barcan Queen posed them a seemingly simple question. What did they remember of Aldrakar Renodin? The question was shared without words as their eyes met and ever so slowly edged back to meet those of the Queen Jocelin.

The Queen's maid gave a particularly loud Hmmppf! at the obvious breach in etiquette from the lowly guardsmen but their faces only displayed confusion at the maid. Andas clearly didn't to be the first to make an ass out of himself and firmly kept his lips sealed. Inoric was plainly intimidated and so it was Nils that spoke up.

''Err..'' The first sound escaped Nils's throat. ''We's never really met ' em either M'lady.'' His shifty eyes carefully scanned the room as he tried to gauge the reaction of the castle guards and looked quite like a frightened lizard both in frame and posture. Noting that none had intervened he took it as a sign to continue.
''He's a fanceh une tha'.'' Gaining some confidence he used a bit of flair in the sense that he used hand gestures. "He rode al'oone on this brown horse, nay 'an warhorse either.'' Nils thought for a moment and picked his words, however broken they were. ''Dark brown 'orse with one of them gut saddles. A fine beast if ever I saw one!''

A sharp nudge to the ribs shook Nils from his memories as he found that Inoric had jabbed him with his elbow. ''Tell ' er about the -Rider- not that Bloody 'Orse!'' Inoric suggested forcefully. Fear mixed with shock flashed over Nil's face and his voice quivered as he continued. ''Tha' rider, yesh! Euhmm..   He was a tall man, a giant! with Hair like yours!'' Nils was quick to point at Jocelin but recoiled as soon as the guards scowled at him. Andas, biggest of the three of them had had enough and shoved little Nils out of the way so he could face the Queen.

''He was a man with golden hair that cut till 'ere.'' Andas made a slashing motion with his flat hand that indicated shoulder length. ''Loose and carried by the wind. He rode alone and wore armor made of smaller plates and little rings of iron or steel.'' Andas glanced back at his two friends and gave them a reassuring look. ''From what I gathered he was nay afraid of us. He never drew 'is sword and got off 'is 'orse. Him told us to a'rrest 'im but that he would kill one 'o us if we tried.'' A deep frown appeared on Andas's face. ''Then he said he was a friend of yours and said many fancy words, me and my friends here..'' He indicated with his hand. ''Tried to decide what to do but then he got on 'is 'orse 'gain and handed us that package there.'' this time he indicated the now remains of the package with a very un-extended arm.. for fear of the castle guards.

''If you ask me yer Majasteh, he's either a fool or a brave man 'o war. I nay wanna fite 'im.'' Andas shook his head quickly and repeatedly, making his various fatty chins dangle like cherries from a tree. ''Handsome bloke with white teeth like the sands of the beach down at tha  'Arbor.'' Having spoken at length the trio fell silent and became ever more compact as they awaited whatever came next. Fortunately for them, the maid spoke up and broke the silence. She took them to their chambers and ensured with stern hand that they all took a bath and saw to it that they were fed good food and allowed to sit at the hearth in the commons room.

For Andas, Nils and Inoric it was a slice of heaven and their roaring laughter was heard throughout the cast and only cut when they realized someone was paying attention. Which was really hard not to do..