Author Topic: The War of Cathayan-Kindaran Aggression  (Read 7824 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
The War of Cathayan-Kindaran Aggression
« Topic Start: October 02, 2013, 04:04:09 AM »
So, I thought it about time someone created a thread for this. Surely a continent-wide war deserves its own thread. The name in the subject is...a work in progress. Hah, I guess whoever wins will get the final say in the name.

How do you guys think it's going? Been enjoying it? I am slightly biased, I guess, but I'd say the Empire is winning thus far. The Free Realms have lost one ally and had another all but crippled. On the Empire side, Zonasa is hurting pretty badly, but the other three realms are mostly untouched.

I've probably been most impressed with the improvement of Sorraine and Coralynth in this war. At the beginning of the war they were fielding perhaps 5000 - 6000 CS each. Ohnar alone was able to outnumber them together. But in the last campaign against Sasrhas, Coralynth and Sorraine fielded 11,000 - 13,000 CS each with reliable movement. That's pretty damn impressive. That allowed the three northern Empire realms to field just over 50,000 CS, of which 46,000 was brought against the walls of Sasrhas.

Zonasa, too, has done well, managing to keep Kindara busy despite being entirely outnumbered the entire war. And winning more battles than they've lost.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Cathayan-Kindaran Aggression
« Reply #1: October 02, 2013, 05:25:31 AM »
Yeah, the subject title is.... written by the scribes of the Imperial propaganda ministry  :P

All in all, I think it's been a decent war. The Zonasans have been tenacious. Most of the reason for Zonasa holding out for so long has been due to their very solid entrenched defensive positions behind the walls. I can't really say I've personally seen many impressive open-field battles apart from the very early one in which Alpha died.

Sorriane fielding armies that big is a surprise on the regions they have. I can't see the Empire making huge amounts of progress into the south unless Cathay and Kindara stop fighting. Probably also visa versa for the southerners making progress into the north. I think the best days of the war - in terms of entertainment value - are probably done. More than likely, it'll settle into a mid-island wasteland that we'll fight over until we get bored.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 02, 2013, 05:48:10 AM »
I think the best days of the war - in terms of entertainment value - are probably done. More than likely, it'll settle into a mid-island wasteland that we'll fight over until we get bored.

:( Dont say that, I just joined FEI. Well at least FEI is the only place left in BM where you can actually have a world war.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 02, 2013, 06:51:01 AM »
A good thing about FEI is that if you miss one good war, there's probably another right around the corner  ;)

I meant more in terms of the entertainment value for every realm, since some are now surrendered or too badly damaged. The current war still has plenty of life left in it, but the distances involved for the 'superpower' combatants (Arcaea and Kindara) across the badly damaged, starving, or rogue regions in the middle of the island are going to make it progressively more difficult for either side to make lasting advances.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 02, 2013, 07:02:00 AM »
I used to be in Darka, traveling through the whole of FEI is nothing  8)
Arcaea was battling in northern Kindara and we didnt even need to switch to mercenary.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 02, 2013, 07:19:54 AM »
Wait until winter rolls around and you try to make your way across damaged roads in starving regions in the middle of the island with the longer seasonal travel times.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 02, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »
This war still has plenty of fun left in it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 02, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »
I'd like to think so. There are still seven of eight realms left fighting.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8: October 02, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »
Isn't Ohnar going to fight on the Empire's behalf?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 02, 2013, 02:55:29 PM »
Isn't Ohnar going to fight on the Empire's behalf?

Nope. Their terms of surrender call for them to keep out of the rest of the war.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 03, 2013, 03:41:56 AM »
Ohnar West is always surrendering. It's like they spend more time negotiating surrenders than fighting.

Kindara is a good realm, more quiet than I would like. But a good one to start a char and change class. Mainly becausxe sometimes they like to send us in suicide battles. Sometimes? Almost everytime. If I don't find a sponsor for my char that want to become Infiltrator, he might switch sides, join the Empire and start attacking his former comrades.  8)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 03, 2013, 08:39:09 AM »
Ohnar West is always surrendering. It's like they spend more time negotiating surrenders than fighting.

Where does that come from? The last time Ohnar surrendered was three wars ago.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 03, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »
And I was there, so, for me, they're always surrendering.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 03, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »
And I was there, so, for me, they're always surrendering.

They stomped Sorraine mercilessly in the war prior to this despite being hopelessly outmatched.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14: October 03, 2013, 02:29:21 PM »
Yes, but in the peace negotiations of that war, they picked the wrong side.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar