Author Topic: Your 1st unique item. Your initial reaction  (Read 3986 times)

nanakisan

• Freeman
  • I'm a absolute looney! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery of 3D madness
Your 1st unique item. Your initial reaction
« Topic Start: October 02, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »
Well i finally got my first item in the game. I was so pleased by this i decided to make the advie responsible for it really happy. He wanted to give me the item for free but i said no and changed his offer to 20 gold. Its when i discovered the item he sold me had a history and a +7 prestige effect. I decided to be generous and give him a recommendation on top of it.

So what was your initial reaction to receiving your first item from a total stranger?
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!

Zakilevo

Re: Your 1st unique item. Your initial reaction
« Reply #1: October 02, 2013, 10:02:54 PM »
Smiled and gave it to my liege.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 02, 2013, 11:39:56 PM »
I was happy when I got my first  item for a noble but not long after I received it I was wounded in battle and lost it. What a let down that was.

Keep an eye on that item. At a +7 prestige its likely to degrade rather quickly which means a lot of repair time.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 03, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »
I have had an interesting history with unique items, as I'm sure Ironsides will attest to if he finds this thread.

My first was Ucdauh's Ring of Leadership, and since my character was a General of Minas Ithil at the time, it was his prize possession. He credited his success to the ring, and then at one point a dirty viking beat the advy who had repaired the item and was bringing it back. Then a battle occurred in the region, and Minas Ithil stomped Norland, and a fellow noble who foraged the battlefield found the item and gave it back to Raziel.

Lately my prized item has been on dwilight. It was stolen from a Morekian infiltrator who cried rape after being tortured and robbed, and then given to my char. It used to give a 9% boost to spell casting, but an advy recently improved it to 13%
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

nanakisan

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 03, 2013, 02:31:17 AM »
nice nice! anyway this is the wiki page for my item. Its apparently 3 years old and hails from the colonies.
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Battered_Breastplate_of_the_Vulcano
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 03, 2013, 02:44:39 AM »
Unique items are island specific and you cant move them from island to island. It's probably just an item with the same name?
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 03, 2013, 03:13:49 AM »
My best item was the Sturded Chainmail of the Maiden, with +12 prestige. So many battles with that armor...
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

nanakisan

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 03, 2013, 06:54:13 AM »
Unique items are island specific and you cant move them from island to island. It's probably just an item with the same name?

Its possible but maybe for the sake of RP basis. perhaps say its the same item seeing as its history is pretty vague in its own right? Actually that was something i thought about was updating its wiki with new information. Sadly if that is the one thing i cannot do its make pretty looking wikis.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 04, 2013, 01:46:14 AM »

This is true, sometimes the random name generator will produce the same/similar (the effect might not be the same) item on multiple islands.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Buck

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 31, 2013, 11:21:39 PM »
I got the "Flute of Fire" as my first item. I was over the moon. Then after thinking about it I would laugh at the thought of my macho cavalier cruising into battle playing the "Flute of Fire" ...the magic faded a bit...I never got anything with extra benefits though...what are some of the "extras" that you've received?
"Let the Wookie win."

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 31, 2013, 11:26:19 PM »
I got the "Flute of Fire" as my first item. I was over the moon. Then after thinking about it I would laugh at the thought of my macho cavalier cruising into battle playing the "Flute of Fire" ...the magic faded a bit...I never got anything with extra benefits though...what are some of the "extras" that you've received?

You can get extras for pretty much every skill possible. Even spellcasting  :o

PS: It is not the prestige that makes it deteriorate, but allegedly the amount of times that it has been repaired.

PPS: They normally do not start with benefits. You have to get an adventurer to add them. Quite rare to get the option from a sage, and it normally takes several items and a chunk of gold (around 50 -70 in my experience). It is random what you get. This would be a nice sort of thing to discuss in guilds i suppose.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:29:21 PM by Bael »

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 26, 2013, 06:24:22 PM »
On the subject of items, any one know if there is a limit to the skill bonus items can give?

I recently upgraded a leadership bonus an item had to 11% and now after almost 2 Weeks of following the same sage I still have not had to option to upgrade its skill bonus again.

Anyone ever seen an item above that value?
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 26, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
You can use the wiki to find out this info:
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Property:Abilities

Shows this:
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Daimon_Staff_of_Thunder   +26% Swordfighting
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Daimon_Dagger_of_Blood  +20% Infiltration
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dazzling_Scythe_of_Daemonslaying  +15% Jousting

That wiki history shows that last one appeared as a +1 prestige with no abilities. It was apparently upgraded all the way to +8 prestige +15 jousting before being lost.

The Daimon Staff of Thunder is an exceptionally old item, having been in existence for 6.5 RL years. It started at +10% swords, and has been upgraded several times since then.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eirikr

« Reply #13: December 27, 2013, 05:08:50 AM »
I recently upgraded a leadership bonus an item had to 11% and now after almost 2 Weeks of following the same sage I still have not had to option to upgrade its skill bonus again.

The same sage does not necessarily always have the ability to upgrade an item, even if the circumstances are essentially the same. It's like how sages do not always look for the same component items, though it may remain consistent for a few visits.