Author Topic: Newton and Windaria  (Read 1998 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Newton and Windaria
« Topic Start: October 15, 2013, 09:15:45 AM »
Roleplay from Newton
Message sent to everyone in the region Windaria (3 recipients)
They gave me da boot. think They were afraid of me. But I bet the big man drove them to it.

Long ago, it was just me Ma, me Da and little Amy. They told me they weren't my real ma and da, but found me when I was little. Raised me. We kept goats in the pen, and Da used to hit rocks into all kinds of shapes and cart them to his depot by the road. Sometimes men with horses and wagons will come for the rocks and leave us a new goat. I had no talent for hitting rocks. Da said it was an art. Says I can't just smash it. But I liked hitting things. Once when I was really small a wolf tried to pounce on me while I was looking at the goats. I hit it in the eye, hard. And I liked it.

I watched the family goats growing up. I guarded our herd from wolves and big cats that try to eat our goats. I learnt to make rocks real sharp. I threw them at wolves that try to eat our goats. They would howl and bark as my rocks tear into their ugly faces, and usually run away after that. I kept a club in case any got too close. It was my birthday present. Amy made it for me. It is the only thing I really own now. It is my own, my precious.

When I grew bigger I began to notice Amy. She was soft and smelled nice. Not like the goats, smelly and hairy. We would frolic among the goats together, hand in hand, and roll around on the grass touching each other and moving like we see da and ma always do every night. I still remember her creamy long hair whipped into my face as the cold wind washed over us while she giggled and laughed. The nubs of her ripening chest pressed against me as we tickled each other. The warmth of her smooth skin and the kiss of her soft breath as we lay together in the night for heat. We were the only boy and girl for hundreds of miles, and somehow we thought we'd always marry each other.

Then the big man came. He was a head taller than Da, and always wore metal clothes along with his mean look. He made Da build him a "manor" on a mountain top. It was like a stone cottage many times the size of ours but only one man lived in it. Da worked on it for weeks and always came back tired. Every day Amy and I would take the big man food. He also took Da's pretty rocks, but didn't give anything back for it. Then one day I caught him touching Amy like I always do, like I see ma and da do to each other. He was on top of her like the billies do to the does. Amy was crying, and it made me angry. I shouted at him. He scowled at me with his big brushy eyes. Then he was all over me, his metaled fist slammed into me again and again.

I woke up in pain in my own bed the next day. Then Da came and told me I had to leave. Said it was for everyone's good. Da was afraid of the big man because he was bigger. He was always afraid of making him angry. I set off on the road with my club, my tunic and some sharp rocks, trodding off to wherever my feet takes me. I try not to think about home, because it makes me think about Amy and what the big man is doing to her. Sometimes I dream about her in the dark, and it makes me cry, but I'm a big boy now. Soon I'll be a man, and then I'll be able to fight anyone.

(OOC: This was not written by me (I did some minor edits), but the player of Lacedaemon family after an IRC discussion about my advy spawning in a 3 population region that hates Lukon. I liked it so thought I'd share and base my character off it. Feel free to consider the lord mentioned in the roleplay to be some previous lord; I don't mean to roleplay your character's actions here. For all I care, the 'big man' could be any self-important noble, including some knight in an estate, or even the noble's steward.)

Lacedaemon

• Knight
  • Amyclas, Belarus, Aigre Valens
    • View Profile
Re: Newton and Windaria
« Reply #1: October 15, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
The scribes of the Lacedaemon family approve this message and all the comedy that shall arise from it. We are honored to document the miseries of even the basest peasant and hope everyone would sympathize with their plight and someday treat all commoners like Kings. Just as it is in Luria, and so it shall be in all the world....

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 15, 2013, 09:36:09 AM »
*mutters about lacedaemon spreading false rumours that commoners are treated like kings*

Just because luria's commoners are wealthier than foreign commoners, doesn't mean they're kings. Our kings are wealthier than foreign kings too. :P

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 17, 2013, 04:18:05 AM »
Roleplay from Newton
Newton noticed more fancy folk coming and going from the big house the previous day. Being night, he thought the time was right and stood from the rocky cave outcrop he had been hiding within, club in hand. Scurrying closer, loose rocks falling as he dislodged them, he rushed to the big house and slammed his club into the glass, shattering it. The sound and flying glass rather startled him though and he ran to hide behind a small bush.

Noting no response, he crept towards the door and prepared to...

Suddenly, he realized he didn't know what to do as he stood in front of the door in dark night. Feeling a movement in his pants though, he got an idea and began removing his britches to squat.

Settling back down in his cave, he snickered at his 'present' for the big man. And then his belly rumbled. Without Da and Ma and the goat herd, what would he eat? Ah, yes, but the big man demanded food from Da and Ma. Newton felt no resistance to taking food from the big man. Noticing no movement in the big house, he again slid down the rocky slope, dislodging more loose rocks and rushed to the broken window, sticking his head inside. Using the club to knock out the remaining glass, he gingerly crawled inside, falling on the floor with a thud. Slowly he crept around, eventually finding the kitchen. Scavenging around, but not finding as much food as he expected, he eventually found some stale bread and grabbed it, turning to leave, when the door made a noise. Looking around for a place to hide, he saw the pantry, rather empty, and quickly hid inside. His belly rumbling again, Newton took a bite of the stale bread.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 19, 2013, 02:28:22 AM »
Roleplay from Newton
Time had passed and Newton peeked out from the cabinet. All was quiet. Seeing a sauce bottle, Newton scrawled, "Deth to LooCon!" on the floor and quickly vacated the premises and Windaria.