Author Topic: The Invasion of ... ICE  (Read 2464 times)

SaDiablo

• Knight
    • View Profile
The Invasion of ... ICE
« Topic Start: March 04, 2014, 04:16:27 AM »
Developers and Tom

Honestly your glacier examples are to weak with almost zero impact (yes I know example).  Do it right by have it go overboard then have it  recede  back as needed. 

You wiped out the west side of Dwilight,  then you can do the same to the rest.   

50 to 60 percent would do.  I would even let the monsters leak in Dwilight more just to make it harder for the realms there to fight off the incursion.  But go BIG! 

Zakilevo

Re: The Invasion of ... ICE
« Reply #1: March 04, 2014, 04:33:37 AM »
Really...?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 04, 2014, 04:39:19 AM »
Yeah...no. Sorry, Daniel; "destroy everything and then put back just what we need" isn't really a viable way of running this.

There's plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth already. We don't need to provoke more just for the sake of shaking things up more.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 04, 2014, 06:06:22 AM »
I was rather surprised by the currently planned extent of glaciation myself as well, I expected it to extend a bit further! Although I am sure that if the devs find that they need to do so they will.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

SaDiablo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 04, 2014, 08:49:03 AM »
Yeah...no. Sorry, Daniel; "destroy everything and then put back just what we need" isn't really a viable way of running this.

There's plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth already. We don't need to provoke more just for the sake of shaking things up more.

Now where did I say destroy everything, I think I did not I did.   

Now thinking how your thinking maybe means your actually going to put white on the map which is just ugly imo.   Wouldn't it be easier to disable travel to regions and say frozen for details.    But lets be realistic, your not going to be adding regions back.  There just isn't enough to support the game in that size.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 04, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »
This thread is accomplishing nothing that isn't already being said or discussed in several others. Locking it.