Author Topic: how to kill a hero  (Read 3028 times)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
how to kill a hero
« Topic Start: October 22, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »
So what's the easiest way to kill a hero. I just did a duel, selected to death and am critically wounded. Can you actually die from a duel?
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: how to kill a hero
« Reply #1: October 22, 2013, 09:10:56 PM »
So what's the easiest way to kill a hero. I just did a duel, selected to death and am critically wounded. Can you actually die from a duel?

Yes, but heroes are no more likely to die in them than anyone else. The only thing being a hero changes regarding mortality is that they can die in combat.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 23, 2013, 03:51:53 AM »
the easiest way to kill a hero is to taunt the enemy :P
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 23, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »
Oh yeah, I've been doing that. Have had two units wiped out and wounded both times. Die already, I want the fame!
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: October 23, 2013, 09:48:54 PM »
Oh yeah, I've been doing that. Have had two units wiped out and wounded both times. Die already, I want the fame!

This. Yet both of my heroes are still breathing and doing well. I need both of them to die so I can get 4 more fame!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 23, 2013, 10:59:29 PM »
There is a secret with Hero's. The more desperately you chase the fame point, the longer they seem to live. My last hero got to the stage were he was so old and slow it was taking to long to get him to the right region to even have a chance at dying.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 23, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »
Larger units allow your men to stay in combat longer, thus increasing your chances of sustaining more wounds.

Even still, it can be damned hard to die. Look at how many times that guy from Niselur (Kas Mayhem, I think?) got wounded by Sergio's cavalry, before someone managed to wound him.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: October 24, 2013, 01:28:10 AM »
Larger units allow your men to stay in combat longer, thus increasing your chances of sustaining more wounds.

Even still, it can be damned hard to die. Look at how many times that guy from Niselur (Kas Mayhem, I think?) got wounded by Sergio's cavalry, before someone managed to wound him.

Kas was wounded 7 times before getting killed by Melenia's archers. So his 8th wound killed him. Sergio alone wounded him 4 times.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 24, 2013, 02:55:51 AM »
My secret is (I've killed two in two months!) to have dreams for your hero, then your heroes will die just before fulfilling those dreams, my first hero died before he was appointed duke, 2nd one died just before an election for ruler.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 24, 2013, 03:18:53 AM »
Easy to kill a hero. A big battle, a big occasion. And say the hero taboo word: die when taunting the enemy. This is how Johan(Jaron, did you get option to save all your messages after your character death?) died in the battle.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #10: October 24, 2013, 05:12:32 AM »
How to Kill a Hero:

1. Be around age 34-37, or older.
2. Lead infantry.
3. Fight in any battle on the front line.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 27, 2013, 02:36:46 AM »
Disobey the orders, set your men to kill anything and rush against the enemy leaving your army behind.

My legendary hero faced the entire war of Ikalak/Tesalak/Toren and died old, in a stupid small battle in Ossaet.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 28, 2013, 01:53:27 PM »
Disobey the orders, set your men to kill anything and rush against the enemy leaving your army behind.

Actually, that's likely to get your unit slaughtered instantly, and your hero only lightly wounded.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan