Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 5128 times)

Zakilevo

Path of Exile
« Topic Start: October 30, 2013, 06:58:36 AM »
Does anyone play this game?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #1: October 30, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »
Yep, I do. Perrin_Aybara and Martrim_Cauton (lvl 23 shadow) are mine. Username Sh1zzler

Mostly play Perrin, lvl48 Marauder.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: October 30, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Yep, I do. Perrin_Aybara and Martrim_Cauton (lvl 23 shadow) are mine. Username Sh1zzler

Mostly play Perrin, lvl48 Marauder.

Added Perrin_Aybara. I play Kihalin (lvl 43 duelist). Went blood magic. I didn't know auras reserve your hp if you pick blood magic. Can't even activate one lol.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 30, 2013, 10:08:51 PM »
Haha, yes. Are you following any builds? I followed my guts with the Shadow, but progression became too slow by the end of Act III, so now I follow a guide.

Perrin also uses blood magic. The build relies on hp regen for defense and endurance charges :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: October 30, 2013, 10:17:55 PM »
Haha, yes. Are you following any builds? I followed my guts with the Shadow, but progression became too slow by the end of Act III, so now I follow a guide.

Perrin also uses blood magic. The build relies on hp regen for defense and endurance charges :)

Nah. I am not following any builds at the moment lol. I like to experiment on my own. Also, this game allows you to respec your character. More reason to try :)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 31, 2013, 12:42:18 AM »
Nah. I am not following any builds at the moment lol. I like to experiment on my own. Also, this game allows you to respec your character. More reason to try :)

Yes, though I read PoE really wants to encourage you to start over when things go wrong. Anyway, I was out of the game for half a year, and when I came back I was offered a full respec. Spent all the points, but then saw I made a few minor mistakes. With 8 respec points this didn't seem a problem at first, but in the end I had to level 5-6 levels to clean up the mess.

Do you know how to link to builds? I'd like to compare :)

For anyone reading this: PoE has a very unique skill tree and skill levelling system. Other than that it's just a decent ARPG that is f2p and definitely not p2w. Player atmosphere is generally quite good.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 31, 2013, 01:28:05 AM »
For anyone reading this: PoE has a very unique skill tree and skill levelling system. Other than that it's just a decent ARPG that is f2p and definitely not p2w. Player atmosphere is generally quite good.

I saw a screenshot of the PoE skill tree. It looked HUGE! How is that? Do you feel like you can build really unique characters/skillsets with it or are they all variations on a similar theme?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 31, 2013, 01:45:28 AM »
I saw a screenshot of the PoE skill tree. It looked HUGE! How is that? Do you feel like you can build really unique characters/skillsets with it or are they all variations on a similar theme?

In my experience, the more option for skills you are given, the more players will resort to build guides in order to min/max their character. End result is that while you COULD have some real diversity you end up with the same builds running around anyway.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: October 31, 2013, 04:11:54 AM »
In my experience, the more option for skills you are given, the more players will resort to build guides in order to min/max their character. End result is that while you COULD have some real diversity you end up with the same builds running around anyway.

I think this is why they change/add/relocate skills every few months.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 31, 2013, 04:56:22 AM »
I think this is why they change/add/relocate skills every few months.

Yeah many games do that. Usually I hate it and will stop playing around the time it affects me. I don't often min/max and I don't want to see a build that works for me and has a theme I like suddenly be altered in a never ending quest to "balance" all choices, or spend extra time trying to keep on top and anaylise how changes are going to affect me. Sometimes though my build gets stronger, guess I don't complain when that happens
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 31, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »

It is huge. And everything is connected, so if you want to build a tanking ranger or a casting shadow, it's all possible.

Honestly I think it's so complicated most users cannot really comprehend it. Whuch is why so man build guides float around, and new are developed daily. Basically you pick one or two skills to focus on, and then create a build around them. I saw a video for a dominating blow marauder, and it looked awesome.

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: November 13, 2013, 07:15:48 AM »
I didn't realize you could play on any server. With some delays of course.

Finally hit lv64 but my guy is fairy weak :( But fun to watch him killing things by hitting them a thousand times.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 19, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »
Haven't played in a while. As usual I get stuck in the loop between playing Tribes:Ascend, Civ V, PoE and Warthunder...