Author Topic: Life is Feudal  (Read 2297 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Life is Feudal
« Topic Start: November 04, 2013, 11:49:42 AM »
Though this might appeal to some of the player here. Warning it is a sandbox first person mmo

http://lifeisfeudal.com/
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Life is Feudal
« Reply #1: November 04, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »
The thing that I always wonder about these games is: will they expect me to log in every day to maintain my place; why should I spend so much time building things when they can easily be roflstomped by my neighbours (the assumption is that diplomacy will be more limited than here).

Edit: And what happens if I get attacked when I am not there to defend it.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Life is Feudal
« Reply #2: November 04, 2013, 02:45:56 PM »
The thing that I always wonder about these games is: will they expect me to log in every day to maintain my place; why should I spend so much time building things when they can easily be roflstomped by my neighbours (the assumption is that diplomacy will be more limited than here).

Edit: And what happens if I get attacked when I am not there to defend it.

From my quick read of the site, it seems heavily influenced by Wurm Online (down to using a free newbie island and then charging to leave it) So if they follow the model, depending on your holdings and activities it is possible you will need to log in every day to tend to things (crops were always a pain) If you are attacked when not online, your character probably won't be present. The general idea is to band into large towns so there is always someone around to defend the place and raise the alarm. Things like NPC guards are also possibilities, though in my experience in these games they are more of a speed bump then a deterrent.

Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.