BattleMaster > Magistrates Case Archive

Strategic secession of Iato

(1/6) > >>

BattleMaster Server:
Summary:Strategic secession of IatoViolation:Strategic secessionsWorld:BeluaterraComplainer:DominicAbout:Marec
Full Complaint Text:
Seceding Iato grants Riombara a front recruitment capital right on the border of the realm they are at war with. Secessions allowing recruitment on the frontlines are clear violations of the rules and have always been sanctionned.

Anaris:
The secession of Iato has been planned for RL years. It is the culmination of what Riombara has been working toward since the end of the Last Invasion: the refounding of IVF under its last ruler who was not a traitor to humanity. This would have happened whether Enweil was at war with Riombara, at peace with Riombara, or dead.

Now, that said, I will grant the timing's not the most astute.

De-Legro:
I always find these things hard. The rules state

"strategic secessions are prohibited. This means creating a new realm, through secession, in order to circumvent recruiting-in-capital-only restriction."

Thus to me part of the problem is proving the intent of the action. Is the new realm at war with Enweil? Does it have significant RC's and nobles such that is represents a true force in the conflict?

vonGenf:

--- Quote from: De-Legro on November 06, 2013, 02:29:38 PM ---Is the new realm at war with Enweil?

--- End quote ---

The new realm is a planned friendly secession from Riombara. It is a daughter realm and the entire reason for the war is the foundation of such a realm. This has been announced since the end of the last invasion.

--- Quote from: De-Legro on November 06, 2013, 02:29:38 PM ---Does it have significant RC's and nobles such that is represents a true force in the conflict?

--- End quote ---

No, or at least not yet.

Anaris:
Offtopic post moved to its own topic in the BM General forum. Please refrain from bringing up issues that are, at best, tangential to the case at hand in this topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version