Author Topic: banker's profit  (Read 8039 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
banker's profit
« Topic Start: November 07, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »
could someone explain to me how does it work with banker's deals, i tried to monitor reports, but it seems i missed something.

my character who is a lord gave trade access to banker.

there are reports how banker makes deals and how much he earns by selling food from my char-lord's granary, but it is not visible what region lord gets from such deals.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: banker's profit
« Reply #1: November 07, 2013, 05:36:16 PM »
My understanding is that whoever makes the sale gets the money.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 07, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »
Indeed. Whoever clicks the buttons to sell food earns the bonds. The exception are automatic sell orders which goes to the region gold vaults for tax day.

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 07, 2013, 09:30:05 PM »
really?

i am surprised to hear that. i am wondering, what is incentive for region lord than? ok, he can be viewed as generous guy (only banker will know it), but is it too soft reward?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 07, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »
really?

i am surprised to hear that. i am wondering, what is incentive for region lord than? ok, he can be viewed as generous guy (only banker will know it), but is it too soft reward?

The incentive is that he doesn't have to manage the food himself.

If the extra few gold coins he can earn in a week is worth that much to him, let him manage the food himself.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 07, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »
The incentive is that he doesn't have to manage the food himself.

If the extra few gold coins he can earn in a week is worth that much to him, let him manage the food himself.

Or, if you want the best of both worlds, do a deal with the banker for x amount of gold per sale in return for allowing access to the granaries. You have to track it yourself and send gold around but completely doable.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 07, 2013, 09:55:50 PM »
really?

I agree. I personally don't like it because the rural regions get shafted. The cities receive more tax gold and (potentially) get free or discounted food. I tried to retain control, but in the end they guilted me into giving control to the banker.  :)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 07, 2013, 10:23:03 PM »
Conversely remember the Banker is putting up the gold for the buy orders as well (potentially) This whole system exist because of the amount of complaints we had about it being to hard for Lords to manage food flow through the regions. So how would we calculate "profit" and what happens when the banker is trading at a loss in order to move food around, do you want to share in that as well?

Do you want us to automatically remove gold from Lords when the banker put up buy orders, or do you guys really want to make this feature something that is nothing but a gold sink for bankers? I guess it could be made to be more like stewards and have the option for using the regions trade balance, but that has problems as well.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:27:15 PM by De-Legro »

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 08, 2013, 12:32:19 AM »
Conversely remember the Banker is putting up the gold for the buy orders as well (potentially) This whole system exist because of the amount of complaints we had about it being to hard for Lords to manage food flow through the regions. So how would we calculate "profit" and what happens when the banker is trading at a loss in order to move food around, do you want to share in that as well?

Do you want us to automatically remove gold from Lords when the banker put up buy orders, or do you guys really want to make this feature something that is nothing but a gold sink for bankers? I guess it could be made to be more like stewards and have the option for using the regions trade balance, but that has problems as well.

They may be putting up the gold, but they can set the price and sell to themselves. A better way IMO would be to allow Lords to make transactions from any region.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 08, 2013, 12:49:57 AM »

They may be putting up the gold, but they can set the price and sell to themselves. A better way IMO would be to allow Lords to make transactions from any region.

Then make a feature request. Banker power and where Lords can set up their trades from are not directly related. The banker powers are supposed to provide a centralised distribution system if desired, and allow Lords that just "want it to work" to offload the problem to someone else.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 08, 2013, 02:26:15 AM »
Region lords can retain full autonomy, but have two options to pawn the maintenance of food on someone else. Stewards and the Bankers can make a bit more if region lords care to give up their profit. I think it is a well balanced system.

Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 08, 2013, 03:13:40 AM »
could someone explain to me how does it work with banker's deals, i tried to monitor reports, but it seems i missed something.

my character who is a lord gave trade access to banker.

there are reports how banker makes deals and how much he earns by selling food from my char-lord's granary, but it is not visible what region lord gets from such deals.
There are a few things that can be done.

1) Your region lord character does not give trade access to banker. Make some conflict with banker, as long as you got done your part of the bargain(you got sell food yourself), then there is no reason for banker to take slice of your income. This is work hard for your own income. Otherwise if banker insists on trade access, ask the banker to give you some slice of the trade, if not further conflict.

2) Post automatic offer(above certain threshold let say 100 food bushels, sell at this AA price ), and the gold gained go back to the region coffer for your knights and yourself. Not banker.

3) You appoint a trusted Steward among your knights, who sell the food and give you some slice profit from it. This is what I do to distribute more roles to a boring-follow order knights, giving them something to do.

4) Feature request as mentioned by forum poster.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

« Reply #12: November 08, 2013, 04:23:13 AM »
If you don't want the banker making a profit, then don't give your banker control; just be sure that you have an auto-sell order set up.

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 08, 2013, 09:52:59 PM »
i would firstly like to share profit with banker.

i don't get why any rural lord would have interest to give everything to banker. no time to make deals? let food rot than. and this happens as much as i see, number of rulers and bankers frequently call lords to do something with their food, but response is low.

i don't understand how rural lords can have any meaningful profit this way...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 08, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »
If profit is your focus, then don't hand control over to the banker.

If you don't want to deal with it, don't want to screw over your realm, and or don't care about profit, then you can let a steward do it, or let the banker do it. Or you can set up an auto sell order, and let it happen all by itself, but share the profit with your knights.

Or you can allow the banker to do the sales, and then demand that he send half the profits to you.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.