Author Topic: banker's profit  (Read 8040 times)

egamma

Re: banker's profit
« Reply #30: November 20, 2013, 05:19:19 AM »
Wait the idea is for the banker to profit? ::)

I've been doing something wrong, I just wanted to feed my realm and make sure no issue arose concerning it.

If your realm is a net food importer, then you are likely not going to make a profit. If your realm is a net food exporter, then you can make plenty of money.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: November 21, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »
His point isn't that the food situation is bad in Luria but that he has cracked on Hrok being the law of the land when it comes to food and !@#$ like that, isn't going to fly. I could easily imagine Hrok having the lord banned and war brought on to a realm that got the region if they weren't willing to give the region back.

In D'hara, it certainly doesn't seem the same would ever come close to happening. I blame Republicanism, damn Lords running the place and not respecting the authority they agreed to submit to. (More or less America pre-civilwar with Lords=states).

The lords don't need to have their hands slapped, they know ahead of time what is needed of them for the realm to survive.

The banker doesn't need to go on a power trip, the lords willingly comply. However, if someone really wanted to go solo, especially a rural lord, in a way that would cause starvation to cities... you can be sure that the whole realm would stand against him. D'Hara has this particularity: not only the city lords are more powerful than rural lords, they are also more numerus. Wealth distribution, though, has more to do with population than region type, however, rurals often being just as rich(poor) as the devastated cities, townslands usually being the better off.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: December 15, 2013, 11:49:49 PM »
If your realm is a net food importer, then you are likely not going to make a profit. If your realm is a net food exporter, then you can make plenty of money.

I'm just kidding, it's easy to make profit, but to exploit the lords and ladies and lose their trust in me to usher their food around the realm. Eh  Virgo just isn't worried about profit, not in that way at least ::) ;D
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: December 18, 2013, 04:46:43 AM »
NECROMANCERRRRRRRRRR
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.