Author Topic: Dwilight History Elective  (Read 1825 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Dwilight History Elective
« Topic Start: November 08, 2013, 12:32:02 AM »
Okay, after a few minutes thinking and eating some good steamed dumplings, I have reached an idea about how I can get you guys hopefully involved in my character's exploits in a way that will not raise any concerns about in-game out-of-game boundaries. We are a group of people, doesn't matter exactly what time period, meeting at a nice place to talk, and we are discussing the details of a story about Zekiel Norman and his search for Garret Artemesia. The thing is, there are likely many conflicting accounts and history by now has become unclear. So it is up to you to write in what happens.

How this will work: I will set the beginning scenario, which will be very simple. In order to keep this somewhat unified, any "official" events in Zekiel's story will be by my posts. This is to keep it fair for people who will want to interact with their crafted NPCs and who do not have in-game characters who can make a physical change to Zekiel's environment. So what you can do is suggest subsequent scenarios, which should preferably be something that would occur over the week (up to 7 days) following the latest update I post, including this one.

For your posted ideas, make sure everyone who reads the post understands that you are making a story proposal. I would suggest starting off the body of a story proposal with "Story Idea" or something to that nature, just to make my life easier so I know when the story idea begins (and so I don't accidentally include any comments that were not intended to be part of the story).

Secondly, please identify the name(s) of the character(s) you would like to interact with Zekiel. Make sure that the character(s) are either (1) One or more of your own player characters, or (2) One or more of your unique NPCs. Please do not use anyone else's characters. In addition, please give a brief description of what the character(s) did, like giving a tip, or sharing a story, that relates specifically to Zekiel's search for Garret. Also, please make sure that whatever scenario you suggest is appropriate and realistic. If there are any conflicts that are brought up in any way from including your idea in this story, then I will write off that part as a bad hallucination Zekiel had after eating wild mushrooms. Furthermore, any future ideas from the same poster may not be accepted as readily.

In case two players pitch the same idea I will take the first suggestion. After the week is over (Sunday nights, EST, usually) I will review the suggestions and post an update. Thank you for participating in Zekiel's quest. I hope this will be at least moderately entertaining to some of you.

The First Update 11/07/13

Zekiel is knighted at Balance's Retreat. He is searching for someone named Garret Artemesia. His reason for this is because Garret was the last pureblooded noble of the Artemesia family whose fate remains unknown. After his disappearance the family dissolved and the noble branches collected under the Norman family name. Zekiel wants to find out what happened to Garret, but all he knows is that Garret was most likely last seen somewhere around Dwilight. He asks those who might listen to help him, and can only hope for a response somewhere.

End of First Update. Expected second update on 11/17/13

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Dwilight History Elective
« Reply #1: November 18, 2013, 01:53:22 PM »
Second Update 11/18/13

More than a week since arriving, Zekiel has received only one passing reference to the one he pursues. He begins to wonder if he is in the right place. After all, he sees the eastern coastal city Flowrestown, and he vaguely recalls that once upon a time Garret may have been a leader. Before the rumors of darkness took him, the rumors that the family would not share openly with Zekiel, Garret was someone within the organized religion to the Dwilight constellations, so Zekiel understands. Perhaps he could ask someone there? But he is firm in his belief of the old Code that he adopted at his beloved fortress of Balance's Retreat. There is no room to deal with those who choose to follow faith in his mind. He will admit that the night skies over Dwilight are remarkable though.

Zekiel is but a simple knight, and a young one at that. His name carries no clout, and he expects few people to answer his calls for help. As such, he has since decided to serve his realm for the moment, waiting to see if anyone might take notice of an ordinary knight's quest. He wonders too, whether it would be more effective to send letters everywhere persistently, waiting for the moment when someone either replies, or threatens to silence him.

End of Second Update. Expected third update on 11/24/13

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Dwilight History Elective
« Reply #2: December 02, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »
Third Update 12/02/13

There is no news for Zekiel. His oath to Balance's Retreat prevents him from leaving, otherwise he would have left for another land to seek the information he desires. He has heard about a doomed expedition in the flowering coast, at the peak of which stands the city of Flowrestown, and the hushed voices his family has given to Garret's name and that city. Yet when he mentions the name, it is as if it does not exist. Zekiel wonders at times whether Garret ever existed, as he never saw the man his entire life. Perhaps he was simply a story crafted by his family to hide something else?