Author Topic: Great Dwilight War, Pt. 2: The Southern League vs. Luria Nova  (Read 51010 times)

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
What effects would Asylon have on the war if they decided to involve themselves? Can Southern League defend against both Luria Nova and Asylon?

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Would that mean D'hara+Barca+Fissoa vs Luria and Asylon?

If so:
I belive that the vast savage horde that is Asylons army would swarm down south and burn every D'haran province on the western continent and drive them off the western continent, back to their islands.

Then Barca and Asylon would be trading blows with eachoter for a while, but in the end I am betting on my realm in that scrap. As we would strike into Barca and burn whatever we find, then retreat back north of the Moot River and hold that chokepoint as we refit and then lash out again...

But all of that is just "what if" from my point of view...
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Actually, there are gentleman agreements in place that keep Luria Nova and most other realms involved from attacking one another... So were Asylon to involve itself, the Southern League would actually have somewhere to fight outside of D'hara without breaking any agreements. The Southern League could largely ignore Luria Nova, unless that realm decided to be dishonourable and break their treaties, and send everything to smack Asylon, though they'd suffer some distance penalties I think.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Actually, there are gentleman agreements in place that keep Luria Nova and most other realms involved from attacking one another... So were Asylon to involve itself, the Southern League would actually have somewhere to fight outside of D'hara without breaking any agreements. The Southern League could largely ignore Luria Nova, unless that realm decided to be dishonourable and break their treaties, and send everything to smack Asylon, though they'd suffer some distance penalties I think.

Yay, finally on the offensive?

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
...though they'd suffer some distance penalties I think.

Aye, for example Asylon suffered large penalties going deep into Astrum, half morale gone. Barca would feel something similar once they reach Asylonian land, and Fissoa would have it even worse...

Ofc Asylon would face the same dilemma if it pushed to far south. So stalemates would be expected.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I think there is quite a gap between

moderator note:posting of ig messages is not allowed on the forum

And

Hey ruler of Luria Nova, I officially invite you, on behalf of my realm and all of the Southern League, to sign a treaty of peace!

Especially since Luria Nova proposed to end hostilities, but in no way demonstrated how doing so would in any way help to achieve anything against Jonsu. And considering that Machiavel isn't a ruler in a republican multi-faith realm and how that message was sent pretty quickly after the incident occurred, seemed obvious at the time that nothing formal was being offered.

Sure, Machiavel could have fought harder to have the peace pass, but he also had other things on his mind...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:45:13 AM by Indirik »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Just saying Chenier, you are a King and ambassador, so when you suggest something it seems like you are talking for D'hara.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Just saying Chenier, you are a King and ambassador, so when you suggest something it seems like you are talking for D'hara.

Sounds like a reasonable assumption, but then we know those islanders are far from reasonable. I hear they even eat FISH.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
When an ambassador comes to me immediately after a huge event, I don't assume he's had the time to hash out the idea with the rest of the realm, and that realm with the rest of its allies.

I'll grant that the letter wasn't overly explicit, but can't say I expected that reaction either. Luria's always been touting about being a multi-faith realm where astroist leaders do stuff against SA interests, and D'Hara has a large portion of non-SA nobles as well, whatever goes on in SA is of no obvious interest to most nobles of both realms.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
When an ambassador comes to me immediately after a huge event, I don't assume he's had the time to hash out the idea with the rest of the realm, and that realm with the rest of its allies.

I'll grant that the letter wasn't overly explicit, but can't say I expected that reaction either. Luria's always been touting about being a multi-faith realm where astroist leaders do stuff against SA interests, and D'Hara has a large portion of non-SA nobles as well, whatever goes on in SA is of no obvious interest to most nobles of both realms.

When an ambassador is throwing out ideas, they generally qualify that it is the case. Ambassadors/Diplomats live by words, it is their domain. They understand influence, inference and impressions. If I was the Lurian party in this, I would strongly believe it was Machiavel's intention to deliberately mislead me as to the status the proposal. It would be unthinkable that any diplomat skilled enough to be raised to ambassador has not learnt to say "This proposal has not yet been put to the realm and is not official" when starting discussions.

Any ambassador that is relying on the other parties assumptions to pass on such information is a rank novice. Its called qualifying your position, it is quite a useful concept.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Also, misunderstandings are the bread and butter of this game. Without them, we would be at perpetual peace. There's no point in arguing whose 'fault' it is.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Also, misunderstandings are the bread and butter of this game. Without them, we would be at perpetual peace. There's no point in arguing whose 'fault' it is.

That is silly. If you don't apportion blame how will it ever evolve into conflict?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
That is silly. If you don't apportion blame how will it ever evolve into conflict?

;D

I agree you're right, but you should be doing that IC. There's no need for OOC conflict here.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
;D

I agree you're right, but you should be doing that IC. There's no need for OOC conflict here.

It is banter. If it was conflict I would be flinging childish names about.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Quote from: Wolfsong
Actually, there are gentleman agreements in place that keep Luria Nova and most other realms involved from attacking one another... So were Asylon to involve itself, the Southern League would actually have somewhere to fight outside of D'hara without breaking any agreements.

Not entirely sure how we conclude the fighting happens outside of D'hara considering the agreements were for LN, Barca, Fissoa to not trespass into each other's lands. I would think that fighting would therefore happen upon d'haran land, though since Asylon has not signed any such agreement they would be within their rights to attack where they please if they so chose.

I think there is quite a gap between

And

Especially since Luria Nova proposed to end hostilities, but in no way demonstrated how doing so would in any way help to achieve anything against Jonsu. And considering that Machiavel isn't a ruler in a republican multi-faith realm and how that message was sent pretty quickly after the incident occurred, seemed obvious at the time that nothing formal was being offered.

Sure, Machiavel could have fought harder to have the peace pass, but he also had other things on his mind...

I suppose, from Seoras's context he's seen D'hara's prime minister write letters about how the King runs D'hara and she's just a pretty face, so he took Machiavel's word a bit more seriously.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:14:26 PM by Vita »