Author Topic: Anything to actually look forward to?  (Read 9620 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Anything to actually look forward to?
« Reply #15: June 27, 2011, 09:09:23 PM »
I have discovered some games that can be enjoyed over the summer. Alice Return to Madness is an interesting crazy game. Yay for crazy chick with knife.

And...that's about it. I had thought I'd take up F3AR, but no, it's basically CoD. Well, you can use psychic powers as Fettel, which is cool I guess. But as Point Man you're basically one of those dudes in MW2, except you can slomo at will.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 27, 2011, 11:07:46 PM »
I don't think anybody's mentioned it yet, but I guess that's because it isn't a summer game and doesn't come out till November, but the only game I care about this year is:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Nerukou

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 03, 2011, 05:58:43 AM »
Those FPS in recent months? They appear to be some sort of Modern Warfare variant. In fact, if you change the setting to somewhere in the US, make the guns contemporary 21st century models, and make the characters Earthlings, then you pretty much have Modern Warfare 2. Ugh. There's Bulletstorm (I think that's what it was called) that added some slapstick cartoonish stuff kind of like Borderlands I guess, which was nice and I did like it though. Still, I didn't exactly go through that whole thing. Ah, that does remind me. Homefront, that game about some universe where North Korea invades the US or something, felt to me a lot like MW2. Want to swap out North Koreans with some other Communist nation? Preferably, their neighbors to the north? And I don't mean China. Keep going north.

That's going to be true for any FPS set in modern times with US soldiers as the protagonists.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 06, 2011, 12:18:53 AM »
Civ 5 is £14.99 on Steam right now. If you wanted a stellar introduction into turnbased strategy this summer, now is the time.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 06, 2011, 01:08:00 AM »
Stronghold 3 is due to be released sometime soon. I love those games.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #20: July 08, 2011, 02:22:31 AM »
Stronghold 3 is due to be released sometime soon. I love those games.

Oh... me too! Looking forward to it. :)
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

egamma