Author Topic: The game-generated roleplay ever  (Read 2355 times)

anoobowner

• Knight
  • Vorash Family
    • View Profile
The game-generated roleplay ever
« Topic Start: November 17, 2013, 02:23:45 PM »
Unit Status Report (9 minutes ago)
Badly damaged equipment has caused an accident. 1 men were wounded. Unit cohesion drops as the men argue and fight for undamaged armour. Wear and tear causes 4 % damage to your unit's equipment. Morale of your troops rises by 3 points. Your men seem to be getting along better. Unit cohesion rises

This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in BM. It's a full narrative story with three acts, a clear conflict, a climax, and a resolution.

I don't have time right now to write out a roleplay, but in an odd mechanical way I think this speaks for itself.
VORASH FAMILY: Protheon--Riombara | Prospero--Morek | Pamela--Caergoth

"The thing with computer-generated imagery is that it's an incredibly powerful tool for making better visual effects. But I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography." - Christopher Nolan

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The game-generated roleplay ever
« Reply #1: November 18, 2013, 04:16:52 AM »
Was there 1 man in the unit? Because then it's like a psychological thriller.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 19, 2013, 10:11:17 AM »
Unrelated: does the captain count as one of the men in a unit?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 19, 2013, 12:59:44 PM »
Not really. But you can think of him as the last man. Since if you ever lose that last man, the captain disappears.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

anoobowner

• Knight
  • Vorash Family
    • View Profile
Re: The Best game-generated roleplay ever
« Reply #4: November 20, 2013, 12:56:21 PM »
While having one person would have been pretty funny, there was actually something on the order of 15 men.

In light of the recent troubles with peasant mobs stopping major battles, I sort of like to think that 2 peasants made passing comments at the 15 fighting men, so they all gave up their quarrel and went to beat up on two random people.
VORASH FAMILY: Protheon--Riombara | Prospero--Morek | Pamela--Caergoth

"The thing with computer-generated imagery is that it's an incredibly powerful tool for making better visual effects. But I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography." - Christopher Nolan