Author Topic: How long does it take for the army sponsor fame to appear?  (Read 2949 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
My character Elicia on Fronen, BT created a new army about 15 days ago. But it seems I haven't got the FP for it yet. Does it take any special trigger like its name appearing on a "Huge Battle Fought" global message or something like that?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Army sponsor is not one of the confirmed fame points. As such, the dev team cannot confirm whether or not you got it, whether or not you were supposed to get it, or even whether or not that fame point even exists. If you were going to get a fame point, then it would not have taken 15 days to get it. Many of them take effect immediately. Many of the them take another turn to register. Very few take more than that.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Fame
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Awww.... And I thought I'm gonna get a FP. Its then official that being an army sponsor doesn't gives fame.

EDIT: Does being appointed margrave of a city gives the duke fame point?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:05:39 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
For what it's worth, I did get a Fame point shortly after sponsoring an army.

\begin{wildspeculation}There may be other factors involved, such as size of the army, the size of the realm, or other details to confirm that it's a "real" army.\end{wildspeculation}
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
city margrave = lord fame, no extra fame for being a city margrave   
lol is this thread going to turn out as a lemon fame                           
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
city margrave = lord fame, no extra fame for being a city margrave                           

Well I got 2 fame points at once shortly after my character got appointed as margravine of a city, so it was safe to assume that it was the Duke fame.

lol is this thread going to turn out as a lemon fame
I agree (to an extent :P)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Its then official that being an army sponsor doesn't gives fame.
I specifically did not say that, nor imply it in any way.

Tom is the *only* person that can officially confirm or deny the existence of specific fame points.

egamma

I specifically did not say that, nor imply it in any way.

Tom is the *only* person that can officially confirm or deny the existence of specific fame points.

He didn't say that you said it; he means that since he did not get a fame point for sponsoring an army, that therefore there is no fame for sponsoring an army.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
He didn't say that you said it; he means that since he did not get a fame point for sponsoring an army, that therefore there is no fame for sponsoring an army.

Exactly what I meant to say, thanks egamma. Since I met most conditions of a successful army (except we haven't fought a huge battle yet) and still haven't got the FP.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
So can anybody confirm if being an margrave gives the Duke fame (2 points) or not?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Exactly what I meant to say, thanks egamma. Since I met most conditions of a successful army (except we haven't fought a huge battle yet) and still haven't got the FP.
You cannot possibly say this authoritatively, since you don't know what the conditions may or may not be. Therefore, you cannot confirm this fame point's existence or lack thereof. The most you can say is "I did this, and don't think I got any fame for it." Saying "Its then official that being an army sponsor doesn't gives fame.", especially immediately after a dev's post, is completely misleading, and easy to take out of context. I know it may seem like I'm overly semantic about this, but I've seen casual comments about fame and other game mechanics be redistributed out of context and end up as considered as given fact.