Author Topic: The Trials and Tribulations of the 'Kings Guard'  (Read 10092 times)

Barrons

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Meet Jericho, Vice Marshal of the King's Guards, Ladykiller, Monsterkiller, and all around fun guy!

Gonophor, Asylon, the bane of the Guard's existence!

Roleplay from Jericho Barrons

As Jericho neared Gonophor, his skin crawled. Massive trees stood saluting the moonlight on the horizon, hiding the beasts within. The air smelled of smoke and blood and fear. Occasionally his men would retch, as they passed body parts left to rot on the road, decapitated heads gazing at nothing.
Jericho spoke a little too loudly and uncertainly to Captain Theoderic,  It seems that these vile creatures have been growing in strength and rage. I fear we may lose the region!"
Captain Theoderic looked at the young knight grimly and spoke seriously, "Fear for our lives Jericho, this looks bad."
This will be the first time Jericho sees how tuly evil these beasts are, thought the captain, I pray to the goddesses we find Marshal Logar alive. May this battle be quick!
The men continued their approach, the howls of sorrow ahead ringing in their ears.

Leaving the dark forests of Gonophor wrapped in night behind him, Jericho was excited to be out in the open under the stars. He could see his breath steaming in the winter moonlight, and was grateful for a moment of peace on the road, even allowing his mind to wander to thoughts of milkmaids and bloodmoon.
"Halt!" Captain Theoderic snaps him out of his reverie and he sees a shrouded figure approaching. With his hand on his sword and a wave to his archers, he readies his men. They continue to march and as they near the figure Jericho relaxes.
Could it be? My old friend Sir Axylia is a Priest! wonders Jericho.
With a happy shout, Jericho runs forward to embrace the travelling man, and ends up stumbling and falling over a burnt log, sounds of laughter behind him.
Ever one to sacrifice for his men, Jericho relaxes, Eeh gods, we could use the laughter, I guess.

Roleplay from Axylia Dundrave

"My friend!" Shouts Axylia as he moves towards the band of soldiers carrying the banner of the King's Guards.

"I've got business in Gonophor but I have time for a drink and perhaps a sermon at the request of the Marshal, is he near?" Axylia slouched to his knees and slowly unrolled a flask wrapped in a fine silk cloth.

Again to Gonophor, creepy place

Jericho and his men made their way uneasily back to Gonophor. The horrors they have seen fresh in their minds, their hearts hardened against the corpses still rotting by the roadway from the previous rampage. The men no longer retched, instead Jericho could hear nothing but the leathers and armour singing their tune as they marched.
As the trees of the great forest loomed once again in the winter moonlight, white rainbows danced in front of the men. With baited breath, they wondered if a new threat hid on the path ahead. For a light so beautiful should have warmed their soul, instead it filled them with dread.
With a quick shout, the men picked up the pace to join Marshal Logar, as he too had seemed uncertain of the road ahead.