Author Topic: Can a Duke & lord change his region?  (Read 1484 times)

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
Can a Duke & lord change his region?
« Topic Start: December 12, 2013, 11:32:04 PM »
Suppose the duchy has another vacant region and the Duke already takes lordship in one region. Can he abandon the estate and resign the lordship, and appoint himself to another region?

Have anyone done that before? How does that work? Thanks.

I also heard that the region the Duke is controlling is considered the "central region" of the Duchy. Will leaving the lordship in that region cause any side effect?

Bendix

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Can a Duke & lord change his region?
« Reply #1: December 13, 2013, 12:07:41 AM »
I know the situation you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to transfer- I've seen Dukes that are not regional Lords before. However, as a Duke you cannot take an estate without being a Lord, since that would make the Duke a vassal to another Lord and thus break the chain of command. So to accomplish what you want, you would have to 1. step down, 2. appoint yourself as Lord of the vacant region, then 3. claim an estate in that region.

I don't think you will be removed as Duke if you step down as Lord. There are even Duchies that do not have a single region in them, and yet their Dukes still retain their titles.

I hope this helps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 13, 2013, 04:50:20 AM »
Suppose the duchy has another vacant region and the Duke already takes lordship in one region. Can he abandon the estate and resign the lordship, and appoint himself to another region?
Yes. Abandon estate > step down as lord > appoint as lord in new region > take estate.

Have anyone done that before? How does that work? Thanks.
I have not done it myself. I have seen it done. It works as described above.

I also heard that the region the Duke is controlling is considered the "central region" of the Duchy. Will leaving the lordship in that region cause any side effect?
There is no such thing as a "duchy capital" in any way, shape, or form. There is no "central region". Anyone who tells you otherwise is mistaken. Since there is no "central region", there can be no side effects of leaving it without a lord.

Not having a lord may cause some other problems, though, such as not being able to sell the food from it. Not collecting as much tax revenue from it. And a few other things, too, that are all merely due to not having anyone to control the region.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

bofeng

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 13, 2013, 06:54:29 AM »
That's great answer, but I decide to drop the plan as I just found there is tradition in the realm saying "No one noble shall hold both a Ducal and a Margrave title". So I decided to respect the tradition.