Author Topic: Farronite-Aslyon Merger  (Read 49495 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: Farronite-Aslyon Merger
« Topic Start: December 22, 2013, 06:58:28 AM »
I dunno, its iffy.  Terran thing was ruled a non merger by 1 vote and that was essentially because Terran was losing/had lost its war.  Farronite had no conflict.  They had signed a rather beneficial treaty with Astrum and they got out of the war.  Internal political conflict would be a great reason for such actions.  An IG source tells me there was a power struggle in the realm.   I have not verified it.

The Terran thing involved all of the realms regions. This does not. See the Solaria/Luria Nova realm merger case. This fits into the first allegiance change involved in that, and yes, while it screwed the original realm, it was not ruled a realm merger. The second city joining was, because that consisted of the entire realm moving. You cannot have a realm merger without the entirety of the realm merging. In no way did the Farronite Republic and Asylon become a singular entity on equal terms. A single (albeit powerful) Duchess changed allegiance. The Farronite Republic still exists as a realm, how could a realm merger take place if one of the two realms in question continues to exist?

There is no question in this case.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.