Author Topic: Farronite-Aslyon Merger  (Read 48874 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Farronite-Aslyon Merger
« Reply #30: December 24, 2013, 07:15:51 PM »
Im posting this on behalf of a player that doesnt have a forum account who wished to add to this.

By Indirik immediately after the duchy joined Asylon

Re: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.
« Reply #826 on: December 19, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »
You merged the entire !@#$in' realm of Golden Farrow, with the exception being the single city you left behind, into Asylon? In order to do this, you must have created a new duchy explicitly for the purpose of holding only the city so you could transfer *EVERYTHING ELSE*.

Does the term "realm merger" mean nothing to you?'

Concerning the power struggle there is definitely one and it has been going on for a long time. I have intimate second hand knowledge of the power struggle going on in FR for a year. It began in the last war when Asylon went to war against Terran. Pro Asylon nobles in FR kept FR from getting involved in the war, this was only just the beginning of it. After that war ended pro Asylon nobles in FR gained more power and took part in instigating a war against Astrum. They were successful and FR went to war against Astrum. During the course of the war pro Astrum nobles gained power and surrendered FR to Astrum against the wishes of the pro Asylon nobles and Asylon nobles. After FR surrendered to Astrum pro Asylon nobles in FR began to in secret send gold to Asylon in support of the war against Astrum.

The fact that it had to be done in secret is evidence in itself of a power struggle and it was willfully against the treaty that FR signed with Astrum. When Khari changed the allegiance of her duchy to Asylon, Asylon banished two pro Astrum nobles and ended the power struggle permanently. It ends with the pro Asylon nobles being victorious.

A post by Feylonis in another thread who plays a pro Astrum character with the name Halleria. This is a pro Astrum player acknowledging that they are pro Astrum and that pro Asylon nobles exist. This player also took actions to undermine the pro Asylon characters.

Re: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.
« Reply #829 on: December 19, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
Succeed, actually. As a Diplomat I brought down region sympathy to Asylon during the war, which resulted in a -lot- of protests against the alliance with Asylon (conversely, I propped up sympathy to Astrum which resulted in protests against the war). It had a very nice effect. :)

Also, it would have been harder to pin 'realm merger' if the remaining city in FR didn't have a pro-Asylon standing (which could have been spun as non-consensual). Alas, the sole leader left in FR is suspiciously (conveniently?) pro-Asylon.

Evidence that Khari Kye is sending gold secretly to Asylon. This indicates that the noble is a pro Asylon noble. Bank transactions would confirm it. It was done in secret so the pro Astrum nobles would not find out.

Letter from Khari Kye   (32 days ago)
Marshal Mihail,

I though it better to simply travel to Via and use your banks. It was quicker. I therefore passed the gold onto your King.

Khari Kye
Chief Merchant of Farronite Republic
Royal of Farronite Republic
Ambassador of Farronite Republic
Duchess of Mech and Farrow
Senator of Farrowfield
Priestess of Sanguis Astroism

A letter by the King of Asylon acknowledging that pro Astrum nobles exist. Asylon ultimately decided to not take Golden Farrow and to leave it be.

Letter from Grimrog Bjarnson   (7 days, 19 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in message group "Military council" (9 recipients)
Viscount Ramsay,

It is true, I had not shared it with the Military Council before, nor had I planned to make it public yet. As my Diplomatic efforts with the Farronites have been a long road, and I fear that they are easily spooked if their Pro-Astrum nobles get a chance to warn Astrum and Corsanctum...

The Duchess Khari will submit to Asylonian rule, making all regions exept the Golden Farrow Asylonian, t

A letter by the King of Asylon acknowledging that pro Astrum nobles exist. Asylon ultimately decided to not take Golden Farrow and to leave it be.

Letter from Grimrog Bjarnson   (7 days, 19 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in message group "Military council" (9 recipients)
Viscount Ramsay,

It is true, I had not shared it with the Military Council before, nor had I planned to make it public yet. As my Diplomatic efforts with the Farronites have been a long road, and I fear that they are easily spooked if their Pro-Astrum nobles get a chance to warn Astrum and Corsanctum...

Honor, Glory and Unity.

Grimrog Bjarnson
King of Asylon
Royal of Asylon
Duke of Bloodmoon
Earl of Via

Pro Asylon and pro Astrum nobles existed, therefore there was a power struggle since the interests of the two parties could only conflict with each other. If the actions of the player of Khari are decided to be against the rules it establishes two things. One, that the kind of roleplay over the course of a real life year which led to this ultimate conclusion of a duchy joining Asylon is not the kind of roleplay that is welcome in this game. Two, it establishes city states as non realms and not allowed in this game. To use the term realm merger is incorrect, the term should not be used and another term should be used in its place such as duchy merger.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 07:20:31 PM by Glaumring the Fox »
We live lives in beautiful lies...