Author Topic: Farronite-Aslyon Merger  (Read 49636 times)

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Farronite-Aslyon Merger
« Reply #30: December 27, 2013, 05:45:26 AM »

I have some messages from more than a month back that may be helpful.  I do have to edit out some fields though for IG reasons.

Letter from Grimrog Bjarnson   (45 days, 4 hours ago)
Message sent to  -----------------------
Duke Graeth,

Duchess Khari of the Farronite republic has sent us a letter where she lets us know that she is considering abandoning the Farronite Republic and bring her duchy to Asylon... This would leave the Farronite Republic with just one province, their ever-consuming-city Golden Farrow and add the rest of their realm to us.

We would swell in size and never need to worry about starvation again...

Myself I see this as an oppertunity too good to refuse, what are your thoughts on this?

Honor, Glory and Unity.
Grimrog Bjarnson
King of Asylon
Royal of Asylon
Duke of Bloodmoon
Earl of Via

That was the first time my character became aware of the possible plans.  I then asked why she would be considering this and here is the reply:

Letter from Grimrog Bjarnson   (44 days, 18 hours ago)
Message sent to------------------------------------
I belive she is unsatesfied with what her realm has turned into, and the only way for it to prosper is to join us. But I will ask her and see what she replies.

Honor, Glory and Unity.
Grimrog Bjarnson
King of Asylon
Royal of Asylon
Duke of Bloodmoon
Earl of Via

Letter from Grimrog Bjarnson   (38 days, 17 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in message group "Diplomatic Council" (7 recipients)
Friends of the Diplomatic Council,

I will let you all know that I have exhanged several letters with some Lords of the Farronites, they are very unhappy with the current state of affairs within the Farronite republic and they are thinking about switching allegiance to Asylon...

I think this would be very fortunate for us, but so far nothing has been decided. I will carry on my talks with them and see what can be done, parhaps my diplomatic skill will grant us some more regions, making us thicker and stronger.

Honor, Glory and Unity.
Grimrog Bjarnson
King of Asylon
Royal of Asylon
Duke of Bloodmoon
Earl of Via

Obviously these are second-hand letters but I think they show that there was political unrest developing within FR for some time leading up to the duchy switch.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:57:30 PM by Geronus »
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)