Author Topic: Rebalance Feedback  (Read 28123 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Rebalance Feedback
« Topic Start: December 25, 2013, 10:43:01 PM »
Please post your feedback on the just-released rebalance.

Please note that while we are sympathetic to people whose regions or realms ended up losing out, we will not simply be making changes because people complain. The only way to avoid some regions losing out is to simply increase stats across the board, which is not a reasonable way to achieve the goals of the rebalance.

This does not mean that we will not change anything, however. If a situation is brought to our attention where a given area has become both unable to feed itself and unable to purchase the food required, or something similar to that, we will give it serious consideration. We have done a number of spot-checks and reining in of outliers (regions both vastly too rich and devastatingly poor), but we do not know the "normal" nature of all the regions in the game, and we did not have time to investigate all the changes by ourselves, so something may have slipped by us.

Finally, let me make clear that overall, every continent has been adjusted to have approximately a 25% food surplus (island-wide) and approximately a 10% boost in total gold. (And yes, we know that gold is already abundant—we have some other plans that will help with that, but they take more time and care to implement.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan